My GT42R st185 project

GT4times2

tjdouble07":1w5hjp3m said:
Sorry, got a little picture happy... :oops:

No need to apologize. That's what we want. The more pics, the better. The car looks stunning. What's the wheel offset? I've wanted a set for my car for some time now. Not sure I was going +35 or +25 ET. I checked them on the Rota site. The car looks great. The Rotas are on point!! :)

Pics of the lift..

tjdouble07

+38 offset 18x9.5 with 1 inch wheel spacers in the back. Barely clear my coilovers.

And ill try to get some pics of the garage this weekend when I temporarily pull the dsm off the lift.

CMS-GT4

You and I are running the same width and rolling diameter. Have you had any rubbing? The only rubbing I ran into is from fender liner plastic, which was fixable. Not counting rolling fenders of course.

tjdouble07

Just mounted the wheels/tires right before the pics so haven't had a chance to find out if anything rubs. Still waiting on injectors (they have been shipped! :)) before I can drive it around. Also black lug nuts and center caps are on their way...

gt4gordon

looking awesome with the new wheels bud. sit just right in the arches. but could help but notice are your still running 185 brakes with all that power?

tjdouble07

sleeper":10xlse36 said:
Have you driven it in locked 4wd mode? experience?

Haven't had a chance... Just got my new injectors in the mail, but I have some fitment issues. I will get the issues resolved, but in the mean time I have finals next week and no time for the car this weekend. Hopefully by next weekend the new fuel system with be installed and the car will be ready to hit the rollers again. Until then, I won't have time to touch the car.

On a different note, last night when I should have been studying, I raised the car 1/2" and installed my new black center caps and black lug nuts... :smokes:

IMG_20110415_222337.jpg

And Frantz, I'll get you pics of the garage soon. :oops:

CMS-GT4

About how much does it cost to get the lift put in your garage? What kind of clearance do you need? I might get one since I only have a two car garage.

jonnyboygt4

CMS-GT4":34cjr8ws said:
If you find black lugnuts that don't scrape each time you take them off, please let me know.

bah id like to know also...lol I bought 2 different sets and they both flaked off...

tjdouble07

CMS-GT4":e55mmd0u said:
About how much does it cost to get the lift put in your garage? What kind of clearance do you need? I might get one since I only have a two car garage.

Well I put the lift in myself. I bought the lift used for about $1500 and spent $100 or so in materials to install it. I had my electrician neighbor wire up the 220 power for me.

As for clearance, the lift cam out of a shop and was an extra width and height model. It was about 12' 3" and I had to cut about 5" off of the top just to get the damn thing to clear! But it came out nice. Can't even tell it was ever modified.

I'll tell you what... It is an awesome thing to have. Just be prepared for every friend you have to call and want to put their car on your lift...

BTW, the one nice thing about a lift is when you are doing a big car project for someone and need the additional parking space (to get your car out of a snow storm let's say) this is all you have to do:

2010-04-05205501.jpg

(this was from the end of 2009)

jonnyboygt4":e55mmd0u said:
CMS-GT4":e55mmd0u said:
If you find black lugnuts that don't scrape each time you take them off, please let me know.

bah id like to know also...lol I bought 2 different sets and they both flaked off...

The ones I got from wheel dude seem to be ok, but I've only pulled them off a few times so far.

And just for you Frantz, here's a pic of my "shop" side of my garage. Kind of dirty (notice my friend's white DSM bumper on the ground in the background), but I've been busy with school and my friend's car and parts are still taking up space, among other things. I hope to get her cleaned up this weekend and I'll take a few more pics. What I forgot to include in the pic is my sink and air compressor... I'll also be doing up upgrades to the shop relatively soon to include a shop heater (already plumbed for 220 and natual gas) and a storage loft.

IMG_20110416_183226.jpg

CMS-GT4

Thanks for the info. You got your for less than I will likely have to spend. You also got a model better suited for working on cars. The one I am looking at is mostly for parking. I am sure I will use it for oil, but I want to keep all my cars put up, so I will be getting it for that. If it makes it easier to drop the engine, all the better. It will be used daily, so I doubt I will be having space or time to let everyone use it.

toayoztan

^^

tjdouble07":3qj9zt65 said:
+38 offset 18x9.5 with 1 inch wheel spacers in the back. Barely clear my coilovers.

And ill try to get some pics of the garage this weekend when I temporarily pull the dsm off the lift.

GT4times2

tjdouble07":13jm5ojf said:
And just for you Frantz, here's a pic of my "shop" side of my garage. Kind of dirty (notice my friend's white DSM bumper on the ground in the background), but I've been busy with school and my friend's car and parts are still taking up space, among other things. I hope to get her cleaned up this weekend and I'll take a few more pics. What I forgot to include in the pic is my sink and air compressor... I'll also be doing up upgrades to the shop relatively soon to include a shop heater (already plumbed for 220 and natual gas) and a storage loft.

IMG_20110416_183226.jpg

Thank you Trevor. That thing looks sweet!!! Every carnut's dream. Bring em' on. (speaking of pics). Take a look at http://www.Garagejournal.com, for ideas if needed for your garage build. Great forum.