Project CMS

97JZA80

Nice progress on the car, color is sweet. You got a ton of $hit going on dealing with that and the move, have fun. The lift idea works well to get the cars in out of the weather. for ceiling height mine worked with 11 foot ceilings, but I have seen others do it with less. Depends what you are stacking too. Good luck..measure alot.

We actually blew thru knoxville this past weekend coming home.....looked like a nice area...

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":34xrzd77 said:
No more pics till the unveiling. :D

I am shipping it to St Louis. The car will not get a lot of road action until the paint is fully cured and ready for the 3m clear bra.

Smart move.

CMS-GT4

You know I have been blaming my handling problem all this time on my stiff suspension. I am starting to wonder if bump steer is the cause. After reading up on it, I think wen I hit a bump, this issue is making me loose traction. I think I will resolve this issue before considering new springs.

CMS-GT4

Painter expects the car to be ready tomorrow late afternoon. Can't wait. Been a crappy day, lets hope this makes up for it.

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":1hl5nnxc said:
Painter expects the car to be ready tomorrow late afternoon. Can't wait. Been a crappy day, lets hope this makes up for it.

Come on....pics.....We're waiting. :) Hope tomorrow's a better day.

CMS-GT4

Today sucked. I went to get the car. It suddenly does not start. They think the engine got flooded and fouled the plugs. It might have, so I am going to get some plugs asap. Also there were a few flaws I was just unhappy with. So I left the car. I told him to try and sort them out and I will get it next week. We had to go back and forth some, but I think it will be acceptable. I have to locate a rear quarter driver side molding asap. They put it on, but it cracked again. I hit up mixmaster. I hope some can get one to me before I leave. They will paint it and ship it to me.

And of course here is a preview.
94054556.jpg

Looks amazing. PERFECT color choice. I dont know how a color can make a difference but the silver ( :wink: ) really makes the body lines look great. Beside the molding what else were you unhappy with?

CMS-GT4

Trumanpriest":2wwhr0uz said:
Looks amazing. PERFECT color choice. I dont know how a color can make a difference but the silver ( :wink: ) really makes the body lines look great. Beside the molding what else were you unhappy with?

Couple of bad spots on the spoiler and another spot. I wanted it just right. Also did not bend my jack rails back.

toayoztan

Looks good! Yeah, I was unhappy with the way my front bumper was painted, so I told him to redo it. He also missed one small ding on the rear quarter :doh: but i'm honestly not too beat up about it. The car literally had dozens and dozens of dings/dents, and he does good work...even I missed it (I was combing the car over too before paint).

Bryan

darthripley

I know what you mean about not being happy with paint.
I've repainted several body parts myself that didn't turn out the way I wanted.
Overall the color is pretty - I like it a lot.

CMS-GT4

Thanks. I wish people could see the car in person. This was taken with my phone. It really does not compare to how it looks in person. I can't wait to get it back next week. I hope the starting issue is easy. I got it to start for a moment, but it would not stay running. I think the plugs are fouled, so I hope swapping them out resolves the issue. I did smell a bit a fuel. I need to get some a/fs to make sure everything is running right after I move.

CMS-GT4

And just a comparison of the last silver vs the new. I like them both. But I am going to pick the one that I know won't wash off.

cmsgt4colorcomparison.jpg

Landon

looks really good man. sorry about the few problems, but hope they get worked out ok. i like both colors too, but i really like the new one. wish i could see this in person! damn you have to live in the middle of the country. oh and i'm sure you'd think of this, but your afm is connected right? hope you get it running easy! oh and i thought you were spoilerless?

CMS-GT4

Thanks all. I think the interior will be my big upcoming project this summer. I want to do the headliner, and possible come up with a solution for plastic pieces that have gotten scratched up. I remember a thread about someone carrying an oem interior paint for our cars. I might sand the scratches and then respray these parts, or maybe I will wrap them. I do not like faux cf, but I am looking at all my options for redoing the interior.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201689
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/article ... r-etc.html
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381562
http://www.chevycobaltforum.com/forum/f ... inyl-2364/