Suspension suggestions...

Hey guys, I'm in pretty desperate need of new suspension for my AllTrac and was wondering what everyone has on their's. I've spent WAY too much time reading everyone's reviews all over Ctech and AT.net, but what I'd really love to hear is a NW opinion. Our roads are more 'rough' than Cali but not as undrivable as some of the East coast states.

What will the car be used for: Mostly daily driving, hitting the twisties/backroads say once a week, drag-strip, 2-3 track days a year (hopefully)

I'm leaning towards Tein SS right now, mostly due to the quality and personal experience in my bestfriend's S2000. I'm also leaning toward K-Sport as it has been suggested and heard good things, not to mention an easy $600 cheaper. Not really leaning toward the spring/strut combo too much, but open to the option...

What do you guys think? :shrug:

sentraman

shadow_coupe":3s471cd3 said:
Hey guys, I'm in pretty desperate need of new suspension for my AllTrac and was wondering what everyone has on their's. I've spent WAY too much time reading everyone's reviews all over Ctech and AT.net, but what I'd really love to hear is a NW opinion. Our roads are more 'rough' than Cali but not as undrivable as some of the East coast states.

What will the car be used for: Mostly daily driving, hitting the twisties/backroads say once a week, drag-strip, 2-3 track days a year (hopefully)

I'm leaning towards Tein SS right now, mostly due to the quality and personal experience in my bestfriend's S2000. I'm also leaning toward K-Sport as it has been suggested and heard good things, not to mention an easy $600 cheaper. Not really leaning toward the spring/strut combo too much, but open to the option...

What do you guys think? :shrug:

Ksort coils = gross... You will be getting clunking noises as fast as you put them on. I would be more inclined to do a Spring/Strut combo. Like Koni yellows and a nice spring.

@Sentraman: So your Ksports became clunky? One guy I met said he'd had them on his VW for almost 2 years and no complaints. I too had similar 'gross' thoughts of the brand before, but it was nothing more than an judgement without any real knowledge. His recommendation changed that ha

2_Liter: Thought about the Whiteline kit, but not as agressive a drop as I'd like. GroundControl adjustables with Koni yellows might do the trick, but haven't priced them out yet

jonnyboygt4

Ive currently got a set ok the Ksports on right now....they had about 5000kms on them when i bought them used....and they are still in great shape! Gross? i think not....I use my car primarily on the street and some rougher roads and have no complaints...at all...

If you have the extra money for the teins...then get them...if you want to save some cash get the Ksports....

jonnyboygt4":1ud4srmt said:
Ive currently got a set ok the Ksports on right now....they had about 5000kms on them when i bought them used....and they are still in great shape! Gross? i think not....I use my car primarily on the street and some rougher roads and have no complaints...at all...

If you have the extra money for the teins...then get them...if you want to save some cash get the Ksports....

Thanks JonnyBoy, that's an excellent review. My thoughts precisely, but wanted to hear them from someone else too :wink: I've found a legit source that will get me the Tein's for $1405 shipped, which is crazy good compared to the usual $1600-1750. Long term, I think that will be the best choice. I'll update once it all happens!

UndaGrwnD":3has45d5 said:
BC Racing coilovers, got them also...rides perfect!

I was curious about those too. I've heard that KSport, D2, Megan, and BC are all manufactured in the same factory or something like that. Not a bad thing at all, but that explains all their similarities. UndaGrwnD, I LOVE your stance in that sig, not to mention your sticker collection on your hatch 8) Mind giving me the full specs to your wheel/tire setup in that pic? I'd also love to see any other photo collections oer whatever of your car...definitely similar to how I want my stance for the summer!