My GT42R st185 project

celi_wabbit

tjdouble07":12dma079 said:
+38 offset 18x9.5 with 1 inch wheel spacers in the back. Barely clear my coilovers.

And ill try to get some pics of the garage this weekend when I temporarily pull the dsm off the lift.

Hey dude... I had 1/2 inch spacer on the back and a magan coilover, don't have a clearing issue on the wheels at all.

tjdouble07

Just got done mounting my pair of Pro Series Bosch 044s in my tank. What a bitch that was... But the install turned out well I think. I plan on installing my new injectors tomorrow and should be retuning soon. If all goes well I might have to drive her around (and maybe to work) this coming week... :) .

tjdouble07

gt4gordon":1d25cgzq said:
How did you mount the fuel pumps and pipe them both up? Any pictures? You know we all love pictures.

I have a video from inside the tank of me testing both of them, but for some reason every time I upload it the video goes upside-down... :shrug: I am putting my tank back on the car in just a little bit, but just for you I will pull the filler neck off again and take a pic inside. Trust me though, it was no simple task. A pain in the ass is more like it. I'll upload a pic or two in a bit.

sleeper

tjdouble07":2uhkg8nr said:
gt4gordon":2uhkg8nr said:
How did you mount the fuel pumps and pipe them both up? Any pictures? You know we all love pictures.

I have a video from inside the tank of me testing both of them, but for some reason every time I upload it the video goes upside-down... :shrug: I am putting my tank back on the car in just a little bit, but just for you I will pull the filler neck off again and take a pic inside. Trust me though, it was no simple task. A pain in the ass is more like it. I'll upload a pic or two in a bit.

We can just turn our monitor :D :D

Why did you go for this setup and not just run a large external pump?

tjdouble07

gt4gordon":117krnro said:
excellent thanks always wondered how people did it you still run the stock fuel lines?

Here you go. two -8 AN's out of the pumps into a Y-fitting to a -10 AN for my supply. 5/16" stock supply as my return going to a -6 JIC (industrial AN equivalent) custom return on the tank.

IMG_20110424_134009.jpg

IMG_20110424_134332.jpg

tjdouble07

sleeper":20ydplch said:
We can just turn our monitor :D :D

Why did you go for this setup and not just run a large external pump?

OK then, here is the test video in all it's upside-down glory.

I decided to go this route because I've had a big external pump and they are LOUD! My twin 044 setup is much quieter, comparable to my old twin walbros. So far I think I'm gonna like it... :smokes:

gt4gordon

that does look a bit of a pain to do. why not go for a larger external pump? i always thought about the aeromotive a1000 pump

sleeper

gt4gordon":1g0h7w60 said:
that does look a bit of a pain to do. why not go for a larger external pump? i always thought about the aeromotive a1000 pump

The A1000 pump would be to small for him, he would need a eliminator or simular...

gt4gordon

ah true the a1000 is rated upto 1000hp. which would suit me as would never make anywhere near that. scary the power this car is putting out.

sleeper

gt4gordon":2z9vdj3g said:
ah true the a1000 is rated upto 1000hp. which would suit me as would never make anywhere near that. scary the power this car is putting out.

yeah, on a pump fuel car, only about 750 on a e85 car..

tjdouble07

OK, so took the car back to the dyno tonight. Hit the limit of the turbo and ignition system, but on 41 psi the car made 902 whp, with a little ignition breakup. With a little more tuning I think I could have leaned it out and got rid of the miss, but I was sick of beating on the car and at low 11:1 afr's and relatively conservative timing map I think she's good. Here's the graph:

902HP.jpg

One of my friends came by and took a video. If I get a copy, I'll post it up.

Also, injectors and pumps performed flawlessly. Pumps are quiet, and injectors are awesome. :)

Finally, I drove it with the "locked" center diff/viscous coupling and it drives great. Not problems what soever.

tjdouble07

magnum":7reh1yx1 said:
9's should be possible now. Must be a hell of a ride.

Hell yes it is! Wastegate makes 650 whp, and that is still crazy. These tires hook up a lot better then my old 205/40/17's ever did... :p

WarTowels

Damn Impressive.

Do you have any plans for a standing mile or 1/4 run?

Will this build have you above Pat C?

-Towels

tjdouble07

WarTowels":3qa1su5y said:
Damn Impressive.

Do you have any plans for a standing mile or 1/4 run?

Will this build have you above Pat C?

-Towels

I will be taking it to the track in a week or two for the 1/4. We will see how she does. As for the standing mile, I don't see making it out of state for an event like this until I am out of school and have vacation time for work saved up (use almost every bit I get studying for tests).