Budget Clutch Options

DudeMan

I was planning to buy an ACT 6 puck and Fidanza flywheel but I've decided to lower my budget to get the car back on the road sooner. I wont be putting down any major power for a while so something closer to stock would probably be better suited anyways.

I know the cheapest option would be to resurface my flywheel and just grab a new clutch disc/pp but a starter engagement issue chewed up the teeth around the edge so I'd like to replace it too.

I'm seeing these Exedy clutch kits on eBay for cheap, specifically the ones with an F1 flywheel included.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/EXEDY-CLUTCH-KIT-...item255fd692a0

Has anyone ever used one of these? I know Exedy is a good brand but I'm worried about the F1 flywheel.. Anyone have experience with one?

What other options are out there?

Something in the $300- $400 range would be ideal.

alltracst185

I used a F1 clutch that I purchased for 124.99 shipped paired with stock flywheel for three years with my Greddy TD06 20G at 18 lbs of boost making 330 AWHP without a single issue.

DudeMan

Well that sounds promising.

Right now I'm thinking I'll go with the Exedy clutch/F1 flywheel combo.. Definitely the cheapest/most reliable combo I can find at the moment.

zblu81

I'm also looking for an inexpensive but dependable clutch with a little room to grow power-wise (TD06 or T3/T4 and fuel mods) If I went with one of these exedy clutches what stage should I get?