B - (Downpipe/Primary CAT)
C - (Downpipe/Primary CAT)
D - Intake Manifold-TVIS gasket
E - TVIS-Cylinder Head gasket
F - Valve Cover Gasket 01
G - Valve Cover Gasket 02
H - Front Main Oil Seal
I - Rear Main Oil Seal
J - Cam Shaft Oil Seals (Intake and Exhaust)
K/L - Turbo Water Line Gasket x2
M - Exhaust Manifold Gasket
N - EGR-Cylinder Head Gasket
O - Water Line-to-Oil Cooler Adapter Gasket
P - Water Line-to-Water Pump Housing Gasket
Q -
R - Upper Timing Cover Gasket
S - Rear Main Housing Gasket
T - Lower Timing Cover Gasket
U - Oil Pump Gasket
V -
W - Oil Pick Up Gasket
X - Water Neck Gasket
Y - Oil Cooler Adapter Gasket
Z - Throttle Body Gasket
1 - Thermostat Gasket
2 - Turbo Oil Feed Banjo Washer x2
3 - Oil Cooler Housing-to-Block Gasket
4 -
5 -
6 - Oil Cooler Housing O ring
7 - Water Line-to-Water Pump Housing O ring
8 - Water Pump-to-Block Gasket/O ring
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 - Oil Cooler Adapter Gasket
14 -
15 - Cylinder Head Valve Seals (Intake or Exhaust?)
16 - Valve Cover Bolt Washers
17 - Cylinder Head Valve Seals (Intake or Exhaust?)

Bryan

toayoztan

So maybe some may find this useful. I'll get the more correct names/terms up later, along with the rest of the blanks filled in, with the part number.

If any of you guys know the rest off hand, be my guest and post it.

I just took a final, so not in the mood to think right now!

Bryan

DudeMan

Did you get the gaskets for the oil cooler in your kit?

They should just be two orange O-rings..

Mine didn't include any and I'm wondering if they were forgotten or not included on purpose?

I can start a new thread if you dont want this sticky cluttered.

toayoztan

I'm not sure about the 2 orange rings...my rebuild kit pictured above came with what I needed for the oil cooler and my old gaskets look similar.

I figured out most of them, and I'll rename them later this week.

I don't mind the clutter and responses at all, b/c I'll just keep updating the original post anyway for people to read off of.

Bryan

toayoztan

For the Oil Cooler and Oil Cooler Adapter (I'm not sure which is called which), but starting from the top right and going to the bottom left (the old gaskets are on the left side and new ones on the right side), you should have the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th (4 total) to replace the gaskets needed on the oil cooler/adapter.

Bryan

DudeMan

Well that's odd.

I ordered a kit for a 93' cause I heard it includes the turbo gaskets so its the same as yours..

But I definitely did not get the oil cooler rings.

When I get home from work I'll try and get some pictures of my kit.
Then I can see exactly what I have and don't have.

toayoztan

There are two kits out there, a full engine gasket set, and the valve grind gasket kit, which will not include anything for the motor/block below the head.

Bryan

Terracar

W - (assuming smaller vertical metal gasket) appears to be the oil pump pickup gasket.

Also One of the ones up n teh upper right (sorry forgot letter/number) is the discibutor O-ring. (I think there is a large and a smaller one for the dizzy)

-Terracar

toayoztan

Are you talking about 6 and 7?

I don't think the Distributor O rings will come with this kit.

I'm pretty sure 6 and 7 were for the Oil cooler and Water line into the Water Pump housing. They looked that similar anyway to my old gaskets.

Usually for the distributor seals, people order separately or that K Box kit shown here http://www.twosrus.com/catalog/product_ ... b630ba6b2e but maybe i'm wrong (but there wasn't any other Orings available then for the oil cooler housing and water pump line).

Bryan

toayoztan

Number 10 is for the Oil cooler. It's hard to tell, but it's actually a flat-ish o-ring that goes in the oil cooler, it's unmistakeable (compared to my old one in the there).

Bryan

underscore

Is there a gasket that goes between the thermostat housing and the block? Or is it just the rubber O ring?

toayoztan

underscore":diwglytd said:
Is there a gasket that goes between the thermostat housing and the block? Or is it just the rubber O ring?

It's just the rubber O ring that seals around the thermostat itself.

Bryan

jlspec

I know that this is an old thread, but what's the part number for the gasket kit which included everything? Does it make a difference if it's the MR2 gasket kit?