Group A from OZ

Meurz

Ah, common problem indeed. Same click you get (when braking) when you mount the anti rattle clips upside down, which I did in a hurry one time. :doh:

Puffy

No anti rattle clips in OZ.... so need to place an order from Japan :?
Wallet felt a little heavy today but I found a quick fix for that.

We get raped hard in Australia for Redline.
$175 USD sitting there in comparison and thats with a discount :doh:

photobc.jpg

Puffy

Got tired of the Odyssey PC680 always dying so replaced it with a Fullriver HC44
Twice the size and weight... plenty of cranking power and hopefully reliable.

photobm.jpg

darthripley

^ that is the one downside of Odyssey batteries unless you drive the car everyday/every other day sort of thing or keep a small trickle charger on it.
car looks so beautifully well done & clean! 8)

Puffy

I found out why I was killing the Odyssey. Disconnecting the battery from the car while on a trickle charger was supposedly the cause.
Seems they require load while on trickle... guess it makes sense when I think about it but would have been nice if it was mentioned in the manual.

aus jd 2703

hey puffy quick questions
when u wire tucked and moved your fuse box did u solder or crimp connections?
also what wire did you use to extended? did u use wire from like jaycar/repco or did u get another toyota wiring loom and hack it up?
seeing ur car makes me wanna attempt it, i rewired my gen 2 to run a gen 3 with the WTA ic and changed all the plugs to use gen 3 sensors etc as their new so better condition

deecee

use crimps and wire with firm insulation, not a soft rubbery compound. Have used soft rubbery stuff before in a temp situation and the insulation was very easy to break and expose teh wire.

Puffy

Car passed and now registered :D
Got a Haltech PS1000 for it and a set of 1NZFE Coil on plug setup ready to go on.

Feels damn good to drive the car again.

Puffy

Starting to look at mounting options for the COPs

In comparison to a standard ST205 plug.
The tube on the COP is 12mm longer which in theory should allow a 12mm high mounting tab for each coil.
(If the spark plugs connect at the same height)

photo1xu.jpg

aus jd 2703

so interested in how you go with the haltech and cop. im looking to go a haltech soon but may go a sprint series as cash is tight. looks cool but so keep it up

Puffy

I was looking at the sprint also but it cannot run low impedance injectors without resistor packs, does not have the ability to control our IAC (not enough outputs) and resolution is 16x16. Would be OK to run as a piggy back but thats not an option for me.
When I found a "used" PS1000 still in the box I jumped on it :)

aus jd 2703

I did not know either of those points. Not that I've looked in depth yet as I need to do suspension first. I like the option of the dash display that the sprint can't do so unless I'm broke I'll go the 1000.... I hope

Puffy

I replaced the driver side bearing which was totally rooted.
Checked caliper clearance, pads, rotors etc and everything seemed ok. Put it back together, went for a spin and the grinding noise is still there.
Again it seems to be coming from the passenger side so decided to pull that side apart and see if I can find the problem

Passenger side does not sound good...

YouTube - ‪Dead bearing‬‏

Not look good....

photovoh.jpg

And this is fucked beyond repair

photo1qr.jpg

So I purchased a press, ordered a new hub and bearing kit from toyota and got stuck into it.
Pressed out the extended wheel studs from the old hub into the new. It all went well without any dramas.
Once I put the rear bearing seal on, should be good to bolt it all back together.

photo1qc.jpg

photono.jpg

TTE replicas vs OEM side mirrors... Nice little saving of 2kg (4.4 pounds) means I can upsize my meals for a little longer.

ttevsoem.jpg

Puffy

Took the car for a spin and no more awful hub grinding noises :D
Fitted the mirrors... she is a little dirty but I like that sometimes :oops:

I will carbon wrap the mirrors when I get time... just happy to be driving it for now.

133ur.jpg

233ju.jpg

333kj.jpg

433sd.jpg

Puffy

Wanting to install the Haltech soon I looked at mounting options for the COPS.
Trying to avoid welding tabs as this would ruin my chrome valve cover :p
Using extended (M6.0 x 70mm) rocker cover bolts and 5mm spacers and oem washer, the stock threads on the Gen III cover for coils 1 & 4 line up !
(Thank you toyota for making something half easy)

The coil plugs point inwards which works well for me since the wiring loom comes up between the intake manifold.

imagewyr.jpg
image2lr.jpg

Coils 2 & 3 will require a little more work. I plan to use the center rocker cover bolt to fix a plate which will have screw tabs.
This will allow me to angle the coils so the plugs will face the middle of the intake manifold.... thats next on the to do list.