interest in custom brackets to fit porsche calipers

athousandleaves

Was looking over my measurements today and would like to correct that the distance from the ball joint to the back face of the rotor is NOT 35mm. :doh:

That is the distance from the back of the hub to the ball joint!

bitter

anyways if you can get me precise caliper dimensions I can try to get something to work with the st205 calipers. I know its gonna be pretty tough but i can play around a bit on solidworks. I have a st185 hub/upright so i have those dimensions. did you have a rotor dia in mind as i know you can do a stock bolt on with something around 300mm[/quote]

If you could do a bracket with an 2004 STI rotors and ST205 calipers that would be great. That way it'll be easy for everyone to source rotors. I'm definitely be in for one of these brackets.

gtfourtc

Hey Just got back from the california fsae competition, I was looking at the caliper dimensions i got, there are a couple problem as other that have tried to make a "simple" bracket. I will keep exploring some options.

Bitter it may not be possibly with the sti rotors but i have a few others in mind that might work. If it does there would probably be some grinding of the caliper and hub ears to get the caliper to fit properly.

jonnyboygt4, thats a decent price for good condition calipers, however go to car-part.com and you can get them anytime you want for 400 a set and sometimes less, i was looking at a set the other day for someone who wanted me to do a full kit for his tc and they would have been 300 for both.

T3K_ST165

If you still have any kits available(or at least the drawings) I'm interested. contact me tekst165@gmail.com.....sorry I dont get on this forum often anymore. Been concentrating on my G35 and my gf's mustang lately.