RC motor questions, please help, no time, making buy.

Xiansheng

Hi guyz...

I'm seriously contemplating buying an RC celica I found, and I have a question...

The guy took a video for me of the car, and it has the w2a intercooler looks all normal purrs like a baby, roars when he punches it, it has a good motor, but !

I don't see any little rubber square scoop at the alternator that connects to the RC hood little port, could it just not be there and removed?
or maybe the engine was changed and it's not an RC true motor, but still a good regular st185??

Could an RC motor NOT have the rubber scoop at the alternator?

I read the RC motor is different than the regular st185's 3sgte motor...
"To improve heat dissipation in the valve seats, the cylinder head used the world's first laser-welded seat, the one piece structure allowing heat to dissipate more evenly;"
http://books.google.com/books?id=HowgOY ... &q&f=false

What does this all mean?

It also says that the turbo was changed from ceramic to metal turbine wheels !
so
if you drop a wicked nice JDM new motor into an RC celica, does that mean it's not the same as the RC even if the new motor is good it just aint the same as the RC motor? ..are people all over fucking up replacing motors not knowing the RC head etc. is done different?

hmmmm.. questions questions.... like if the RC motor is special like that, there's this one with a blown head, do I rebuild to keep the real RC original motor in the car, or just swap it out for a 93 MR2 motor and slap the RC tranny on it??

This site is awesome, everything I ever could want, so much info on mods and repairs if you get stuck.. AWESOME.
someone's gotta know what I'm talkin about.. please help.

Thank you,

Corey

You can check that the chassis is an original RC by referring to the plate on the fire wall.

This is what you're looking for on an RC: ST185H-BLMQZ

Otherwise you'll find ST185H-BLMVZ on GTfours.

Another way to check the motor/ECU is to compare the size of the AFM. If the AFM appears larger than a standard Four's, then its from an RC, and therefore has an RC ECU as well.

As for the turbo. Export GT-Fours received metal exhaust wheels. Only the JDM models received the faster spooling ceramic wheels.

The RC however did receive a metal wheel, and from what I've read recently, a larger compressor aswell.