huge boost leak

frankyoung54

i have a serious boost leak on my 88 all trac it wont push over 4 lbs also i had recently instaled a bov and it wont work when im at a full spool anyone know where...because i have ziptied almost every vacume hose and replaced them.

alltracst185

Usually it's the black coupler attatched to the throttle body that dry rots and leaks. Did you have this problem before the BOV install?

frankyoung54

and its a little cracked but i went to the dealership to get the part and they said they cant get it that it was discontinued....and no as soon i as installed the bov i had the problem

88gt4DE

Shouldnt be doing that ... pics on install ? where did put it in at ? classic t -hose set up ? Where did you get the vaccum from to run to the valve and what kind of valve is it ?

frankyoung54

i put it on a t style flange and its a turbo xs rfl type h and its where the turbo is to the intercooler still have stock intercooler

88gt4DE

ok ... when its starts to boost does the check engine light come on and you feel like you hit a brick wall ? if so you have a vaccum leak somewhere ... check hose going to drivers side of turbo housing and all the little hoses around where you were working ...

frankyoung54

well i have ziptied every hose and i think ima just end up hard piping it next week and do a fmic instead of the stock top mount and do a turbo swap from the stock one to a turbonetics 80mm

underscore

I'd fix this problem first, are you sure the cel isn't burnt out? i was restricted to 4psi when my ecu was tossing one.