3m di-noc carbonfiber vinyl

Droptop93

Thinking of ordering some to wrap my hood and trunk lid and some interior pieces......

Anyone have any experience with this? Might even do the entire car if I like it.

187flatliner

yeah i do....wrapped my hood and eyelids in it.....very nice stuff....but dont touch it too much with greasy fingers.

ill post pics soon.....only downside is that it looks more like a flat black paint from far away....up close tho it looks great.

187flatliner

2011-07-30181757.jpg

2011-07-30181815.jpg

2011-07-30181846.jpg

2011-07-30184848.jpg

2011-07-30184920.jpg

2011-07-30185102.jpg

taken today with my phone camera!

Awesome-Trac

i have a buddy who has done this and carbon fiber wraped pretty much his whole car but over time it starts to fade after a few years, he had it on his car for three years now and still has it on today

Droptop93

Flatliner- that looks awesome.....how much fabric did you haveto get to do the hood?

My hood is already painted flat black....so that doesnt bother me if it appears that way from a distance

187flatliner

well the 4th gen hood is 52 x 55 in the widest places......the material itself is expensive......and you dont want to mess it up applying it either.....

the roll i bought through the shop was about 200 bucks.......but i have a shyt load extra left over.....measure your hood and get a little extra to cover yourself....and do your eyelids the same time.....

if you do this....apply it on the eyelids when your doing the hood itself so the pattern matches.

187flatliner

also if your doing your hood......you wont be able to do it in one piece......your scoop will prove to be most difficult to do......if you have played with this stuff before.....dont waste your money and let a shop install the main parts......play with the interior parts. you can get a sample for about 8 bucks from 3m....its big enough to do small interior parts and such.

Droptop93

Why would the scoop be harder? Just heat the material a little and use some adhesive and it should be good.

I'm actually going to order a sample size of the 3m scotchprint 1080 cf vinyl to test out. It more glossy than di noc and says to be easyier to work with.

187flatliner

its too bad your in ohio or else id tell you to stop by the shop and we can show and feel you the difference between the two.

187flatliner

i might have some in the shop...i would have to see.......i was thinking of the regular 3m cf vinyl.

our shop can order just about anything.

Droptop93

Would any of the body shop round me be able to order this stuff?? Or graphics shops? I would like to see it in person but I'm preety sure ill like it. Another good thing about the scotchprint is it come in 60" wide vs the like 48" di-noc

187flatliner

You can get the di-noc in bigger sizes then that.....u can bye by the square foot also. And yes most any graphic shop can order it for u.....u can call the customer service line and request a larger size

187flatliner

You can try a trim piece that's around ur center console or do the trim around ur power windows.....measure the area and then add a few inches for movement, shrinking and the such. A lot of these types of vinyl are dry apply so you don't need water and the such.

Measure first and go with the best sample size they have....

I haven't been able to make it to the shop yet....ill be out there tomorrow tho.

Droptop93

Id like to do all of it. Door switch panels. radio surround/shifter surround, vents....ect.

Ony real issue is the place local to me won't sell just the vinyl......they want the work too.

If you have some scraps and don't need em ill pay for shipping......

187flatliner

Buy direct......look online....u can find it....if not how much do u want. The roll I bought was 200.... I did the hood and have a lot left over....

I'm not finished doing my stuff....let me know what u want to do