So Im out tuning my car....

alltrac4life

Me and my friend (and mechanic) were out tuning my car last night. When these guys ask me if i want to race their late nineties montecarlo. Im ask my buddy if he thinks the map is close enough, and says that it should be good. So i agree to a little racin's. We were waiting at this light on a road that is used for racing all the time. So we are waiting there and it is still green and we were going to let it turn red. It wasnt changing for shit, so I tell the kid to just go and then i would go. So he peels off, i let him get a car and a half of me. Then i just dump that shit at 6K and despite tire spin i was on him instantly, shift into second and i pull a couple cars on him, go to third, hes way back there. And just to make the point i go to fourth and ride it out to 110 or so. I turn to my buddy and ask him how the a/f ratio was and it was way rich. Like 9's, so we did some more tuning and what not. But even with it being super rich i destroyed that kid, i know its not a FAST car but it was the first victory with the new stuff, and minor tuning. Good times :smokes:

saved_1992

cool 8) your buddy is the one in C.B right i talked to him last year about my 88 and 92 and lost the info. can you pm again the info

thanks
mike

A

Anonymous

mmmmmmmm. good feelings.

i love betting wrx's as well, particuarly in the mini :D

roger

A

Anonymous

I got a similar story but without the tuning stuff :(

I was cruising on O street and saw this 7th gen Celica behind me. The guy changed into the lane on the left side of me so I thought we'll have a race. I was getting ready for some serious racing :shrug: . Then I saw this gay ass PT cruiser pull beside me (the Celica then changed back into the same lane that I was in).
I was like "shitbag wtf, now I can't race the Celica" I looked at the guy and I saw that he was smiling or something like that. We stopped at a red light. Then he started reving the shit out of that thing. I was like "nah, I'm not wasting my gas on this thing" The Light turned green and the cruiser's wheels started to spin (he obviously wanted to race). He was about 2 cars in front of me so I said "ahh what the fuck let's teach this bitch a lesson" I shifted into first, then 2nd. By the time I shifted into 3rd the guy was a couple of cars behind me.
The guy in the PT cruiser looked shocked then pulled behind me. I guess he didn't realize my car was a turbo until he read it from the rear of the car. Then, he drove slowly off.
I smoked the shit of out of that PT cruiser. :smokes:
The 7th gen Celica owner gave me a thumbs up and also drove away.

INFERNO4W

I GOT A STORY FOR THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE THE NEW SRT-4 NEONS. I FIND MYSELF DRIVING ON A MAIN STREET IN MICHIGAN, I WAS ON MY WAY TO STARBUCKS. ON THE STOP LIGHT A YELLOW SRT-4 PULLS UP NEXT TO ME( 1991 ALL TRAC TURBO) AND STARTS REVING UP, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, LIGHT TURNED GREEN AND HE BURNED SOME RUBBER AND TOOK OFF, I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN RACING. ON THE NEXT LIGHT AND CAUGHT UP, AND HER WAS REVING UP AGAIN. I DECIDED TO RACE HIM, AS SOON AS THE LIGHT TURNED GREEN, I LAUNCHED AND IMMEDIATELY HE WAS LEFT BEHIND (ALL WHEEL DRIVE ADVANTAGE VS. FRONT WHEEL DRVE) AS I GOT INTO SECOND GEAR THE SRT-4 WAS ABOUT 2 CARS BRHIND, IN CONCLUSION MADE THE GUY FEEL ASHAMED OF HIS CAR!!!

BanhBaoBao

^^ what do you have on your car?
Hey you live in pomona! Are you goign to the alltrac meet? I want to check out your car. =)

BTW: Caps lock is on =P

White Tiger

I just finished putting a stage 3 spec clutch in my car and so i called up my buddy. He just recently bought a brand new srt4 and so we decided to meet up. he had his girl with him and i was alone. We got out and decided to race so i followed him to an empty road and he stopped. I pulled up next to him and we rolled down our windows. i said just go when ur ready and so he did. he was spinnin the tires until third gear and i dropped at 5000 rpm and hooked up spinning mine. i shifted 2nd...3rd....by that time he was a good 4 car lengths behind so i decided not to embarass him too bad infront of his girl so i slowed down to 60 and cruized for a while, being the friend i am. then i pulled over and he pulled up next to me. he made some excuse about not enough traction and i told him thats y awd is better than fwd and he said that he wanted a rematch sometime but not now cause he was takin his girl out for dinner. so i agreed and we went out separate ways. im still waitin on a rematch. this all happened on saturday, sept 24, 2005. the day i got my clutch done. :smokes:

2of81

Spec stage 3 is metalliac which I think doesn't need the 500 mile break in like a kevlar clutch such as Spec stage 2 or Clutchmasters stage 3. I could be wrong but thats why I hear the 500 mile break in is because the materials.

muneo

All in all, that was more of a sarcastic joke. The same ideas crossed my mind about the necessity for breaking in a 6 puck metallic clutch... :p

White Tiger

actually now that it has been through the first 500 miles, the car does seem to drive better, not more slippery, or more sticky, just better