project alltracst185 update! 6/15/14 rust is gone!!! :)

alltracst185

Played around a bit with my AEM EMS to try to get her to run a little better. Safe to say I could use some schooling on EMS tuning :p My new plan is to get it ready for Import Face Off at New England Dragway September 25th :smokes: We'll see how things go :shrug:

alltracst185

Worked on my car for a bit today and took a short video of the first start up on the AEM EMS :D I let her run for a few seconds but, I get scared and shut it off :p I also need to add some coolent before I let it run for a extened period of time. I have a small oil leak at the oil filter sandwhich and a fuel leak coming from my FPR return line. All very easy fixes. Just have to route and weld up some intercooler pipes and finish my down pipe. :) Here is the first startup vid :wink:

Terracar

Congrats... I think the first start up is always the worst since if something is going to break, it happens then. Almost there, just a little more to go and you have yourself a beast.

-Terracar

Landon

i love how it kinda sounds like a tractor. lol. but seriously, this is exciting! get it tuned and dyno'd soon! to bad you aren't near washington cause we got an awd dyno at my school. : )

alltracst185

Thanks everybody :oops: I have a palce in mind that i'll be bringing it to get tuned. They tuned my buddys 600 whp WRX. Klue is providing me with a good enough tune to drive on for the 500 miles break in period :) So far it sounds healthy :D I mocked up some intercooler piping to bring to work to weld together tomorrow. Pics will be up :wink:

alltracst185

Hotrodhendrix":xij5yucj said:
Your car isnt my cars twin in anyway anymore. :cry:
Hey don't look at me, you painted yours first :lol: Paint it Red again and I promise i'll keep my hood closed from now on :twisted:

C-dubb

It sounds so angry!! Good work man. Those 272 cams give it a mean lope. Can't wait to see what it will do.

alltracst185

Thanks! :oops: The reason it sounds like that right now is because there is no down pipe :p I have to find time to get it down to the custom exhaust shop to fab up a down pipe, been too busy with work and such that i'm suprissed I had time to mock up my top intercooler pipe and weld it together! Once the Down pipe is done I can work on the lower intercooler pipe and call this engine bay finished......for now :p I also got a AEM Uego for the plug and play opions with my EMS so I have my brand new Innovative LC-1 kit up for grabs, if anyone is interested in it PM me for a special "keeping up with my project" price :wink:

alltracst185

Got my down pipe fabbed up today, I now have a working clutch and brakes :D Just need to make a lower intercooler pipe, run the vaccum lines, fill the tranny and install my AEM uego and i'll be ready for a tune :smokes:

alltracst185

WarTowels":yvjrapq1 said:
Awesome news Adam

I'd love to come see it once you get her all squared away.

-Towels
Thanks Greg, it should be done by the next few weeks but can only be babied for at least 500 miles to be broken in then I have to take care of some body work and paint and a million dollars to get it tuned :lol: Here is a new video of her running.

Landon

dude sounds like a beast! soo good. whats the horrible racket though? i'm stoked for you to get that thing tuned.

alltracst185

Landon":2f5i2nqz said:
dude sounds like a beast! soo good. whats the horrible racket though? i'm stoked for you to get that thing tuned.
The wastegate and downpipe were loose and down pipe flange was just tack welded for mockup. Got that all squared away now and she sounds great!!! Soooo mean :smokes: Just have to do front wheels bearings now and make some brackets.

Landon

goood! front wheels bearings are such a bitch.. not to do, but just in general. lol. i've had to do my pass side 4 times in the last 2 years.. finally replaced the cv as well and its golden. let me know if you need any advice on them.. unless you got it all figured.

alltracst185

Worked on my car for a bit after work yesterday, got some vaccum lines ran as well as the bottom intercooler pipe finshed, just need to get my new Tial BOV and weld on the flange, beed roll the intercooler pipes, finish the vaccum lines and install my AEM UEGO :D I went to go lower the car back on all fours and noticed i'm missing my jack :x I have to get a new jack now. Was going to take her for a little spin to see if i get any issues or leaks. New video coming soon! :wink:

alltracst185

Just received my ASI aluminum radiator and new Tial BOV :D CCW classics on the way also :smokes: Ahhhh she's coming together nice! :D :D :D