1988 Alltrac st165 leaking coolant head gasket?

Anoo21

Just bought a st165 from tspoon off celicatech and I fell in love. I was wanting a st185 but with all the extra things that came with the car and price I couldn't resist. With every trac comes its problems.
-The fan is hardwired do the sensors/thermostat go out or even relays?
-Bushings and subframe mounts are going out. I am going to be ordering some from mario in a few weeks. Easy to do? any pointers?
-Clutch..my friend and I will be doing that so I think that should be ok.
-the sunroof does not sit flat? One of the rear sides of the sunroof sits up about a half inch. Any suggestions?

Other than that nice clean and should be a nice weekender compared to the daily integra.

alltracgragaragepimp.jpg

381402_2572564072038_1192350306_32599389_2083038195_n.jpg

PingPong

Anoo21

Alrighty first off I wanna thank Tspoon for the help. Just decided to do some minor things today particularly the brakes. Then a trim piece broke off :frown: i will take a pic of that later hopefully its an easy fix to find the clips to put it back on. Tried to fix the sunroof but thats for another day. Enjoy the pics I will keep everyone posted.

PingPong

photo1-4.jpg

photo5-9.jpg

photo4-9.jpg

photo3-10.jpg

photo2-8.jpg

Anoo21

Just gave her the car wash she needed but now to the things i might have a problem doing. here are two pictures, one i am missing the clips to hold on the frame/bezel/trim piece and idk where to get one or what i should do. secondly the sunroof has a "lift" only on one side and i cannot figure out why and plus it does not slide only tilts. Any ideas? Either way the clutch job and rear diff should be in the works within the next month :no: thats not gonna be fun. i will keep everyone posted
2011-05-28_17-44-17_545.jpg

2011-07-07_17-07-12_536.jpg

:wiggle:Finalliy bought the clutch yayyy. Stage 3, 6 puck should be installed in the car in about 2 weeks. Just wanted to put some pictures of it on here. Slowly but steadily it is coming together.
2011-08-08_17-47-24_805.jpg

P.S. My gf's gonna buy me a paintjob :wiggle::bananarider: Now thats awesome but she said she has to pick the color :blink: dont worry i told her no Pink lol.

PingPong

Anoo21

Well I got the clutch and was so ready to pull the engine and trans but then decided the clutch was actually really really good grabbing. Went ahead and held that off for now and cleaned the car up a little with the other things wrong :/

Got to the garage getting ready
2011-08-18_19-34-00_312.jpg

Hoods up work starts
2011-08-23_13-44-35_222.jpg

Took the undercover off was crappy anyway looks cleaner too
2011-08-23_14-25-29_960.jpg

Looks way cleaner :laugh:
2011-08-23_14-25-33_960.jpg

had to fix my window switch just had bad connectors( my gf is happy now to roll down her own window) :wiggle:
2011-08-24_14-06-54_392.jpg

Tried to get the fog lights working but there is a problem getting the power to the fogs :no:
2011-08-24_14-07-07_956.jpg

Alright next post should be for the diff. or differential mount :wiggle:

PingPong

Anoo21

First off I would like to say thank you to my friend Richard S. for welding the diff mount. Feels amazing :bananarider: Alright started the day with fixing boost leaks major MAJOR boost leaks. Anyone know besides at the stealership where i can get the rubber connector, connecting the intercooler to the throttle body? Lets get started with the pictures.

UP UP you go lol
2011-08-24_10-51-05_289.jpg

Supported everything
2011-08-24_11-59-41_311.jpg

Diff is out :) ( was easy actually :laugh: )
2011-08-24_11-59-53_648.jpg

Before aka crappy
2011-08-24_11-48-55_222.jpg

My good friend welding a solid piece of metal instead of the rubber :amuse:
2011-08-24_16-28-29_458.jpg

Grind grind grind make it look pretty
2011-08-24_17-10-32_852.jpg

All pretty and solid( will show a picture of the finished product installed soon)
2011-08-24_17-13-15_521.jpg

**Note when putting a mount back on it is WAY WAY easier to bolt the mount onto the subframe first then the diff then bolt the diff back up. :amuse:

The goats decided to help :laugh:
2011-08-24_17-17-53_762.jpg

So amazing to have the back tight and no CLUNKS haha. If anyone wants it done my friend says he might be able to do them for a charge. Located in Gig harbor, wa or just pm me. Now i can boost and wont have to worry about the rear end falling out on me lol. Will keep you guys updated on other things.

PingPong

88gt4DE

My fans are screwed up too , they worked fine and then started this coming on and off erratically crap. So I pulled the plug at the bottom of the radiator which makes them full run time. Better in summer anyway with as hot as these little bitches get under the hood. Havent dug into the wiring but I'm betting its a problem there. I tried relays and different switches already and no dice ... BTW ... nice wheels :p

Anoo21

88gt4DE":3okxgc3c said:
My fans are screwed up too , they worked fine and then started this coming on and off erratically crap. So I pulled the plug at the bottom of the radiator which makes them full run time. Better in summer anyway with as hot as these little bitches get under the hood. Havent dug into the wiring but I'm betting its a problem there. I tried relays and different switches already and no dice ... BTW ... nice wheels :p
Haha yeah this car is a wiring mess but its coming together real good. The rims came on it and they look good lol got any suggestions on mods problems or anything for a new st165 owner to know about? Thanks for looking

88gt4DE

Anoo21":2z3udxbt said:
88gt4DE":2z3udxbt said:
Haha yeah this car is a wiring mess but its coming together real good. The rims came on it and they look good lol got any suggestions on mods problems or anything for a new st165 owner to know about? Thanks for looking

I love those wheels on my car , brother has them on his too. Mods ... god the list is massive ... if the starter mod isnt done already thats a good one to do so it doesnt strand you and wont crank when the engine is hot ...

Anoo21

88gt4DE":1xpawxf8 said:
Anoo21":1xpawxf8 said:
88gt4DE":1xpawxf8 said:

I love those wheels on my car , brother has them on his too. Mods ... god the list is massive ... if the starter mod isnt done already thats a good one to do so it doesnt strand you and wont crank when the engine is hot ...
Yeah that is done lol. Seen your thread I want to paint my car black and I have the same bov how much psi do you t run untill it blows off. Mine takes 9?

88gt4DE

Not really sure , still running factory gauge. It seems to release most everytime I let off throttle reguardless of how many psi it builds ... guess i got a lead foot :)

Anoo21

88gt4DE":nux07kl9 said:
Not really sure , still running factory gauge. It seems to release most everytime I let off throttle reguardless of how many psi it builds ... guess i got a lead foot :)
Did you adjust it at all or just put it on? Hmm thats weird. But cool I might have to crack that bov a new one lol

88gt4DE

Anoo21":28mu8kat said:
88gt4DE":28mu8kat said:
Did you adjust it at all or just put it on? Hmm thats weird. But cool I might have to crack that bov a new one lol

Mine is not adjustable ...

Anoo21

88gt4DE":20e7z78l said:
Anoo21":20e7z78l said:
88gt4DE":20e7z78l said:

Mine is not adjustable ...
If it is adjustable how? Ive tried everything. I dont mind because it doesn't leak but still would it level lol

88gt4DE

Ive never adjusted one that was or even seen one but I know some are and it would be obvious ... some have a " hard " and " soft " setting .... LOL ... sounds dirty but thats what I remember seeing on some of the postings when I was looking around for one ...

Anoo21

88gt4DE":2svl81x7 said:
Ive never adjusted one that was or even seen one but I know some are and it would be obvious ... some have a " hard " and " soft " setting .... LOL ... sounds dirty but thats what I remember seeing on some of the postings when I was looking around for one ...
Yeah even that mine wont slide just tilt :cry: i really dont wanna to take it apart but maybe have too.

88gt4DE

HA ! you moved on to sunroof I guess and I was still on BOV ... LOL .... I dont have a sunroof cause I hate them ... however there are screws that hold the glass in and in most cases that is where you do the adjusting ... doesnt mean it will be cause it could have a broken cable ...

Anoo21

88gt4DE":vukxzsxr said:
HA ! you moved on to sunroof I guess and I was still on BOV ... LOL .... I dont have a sunroof cause I hate them ... however there are screws that hold the glass in and in most cases that is where you do the adjusting ... doesnt mean it will be cause it could have a broken cable ...
Lol haha yeah I've seen some that adjust mine doesn't but I want one that does. Lol ill check out the sunroof

Arky

Hi, newbie here. I have the same problem with those rear quarter panel clips. Stealership do not stock it. Please let us know how you solve this. Thanks in advance. :)

Anoo21

Arky":1o68t3sq said:
Hi, newbie here. I have the same problem with those rear quarter panel clips. Stealership do not stock it. Please let us know how you solve this. Thanks in advance. :)
Im just gonna go to the pick in pull and getting ones. Ill tell you how thatgoes. It sucks not having them on it looks weird lol