AIT and MAP sensor wiring

alltracst185

Ok I decided to do a write-up on this since it was very hard to find any info on the matter. I had it almost done but then clicked off backspaced and lost all that I have done :doh: So this is my second time around :p

Tools you will need:

1.) electrical tape
2.) soldering gun and solder
3.) razor knife
4.) heat shrink wire wrap
5.) scissors
6.) lighter or heat gun

AIT is up first:

First you want to locate the AFM plug and cut it off. It will have four wires (Pink, Brown, Gray and a Gray/Black) Then you want to strip all of the tape and plastic covering off up to the plastic peice near the injectors. Once you have that done, take and free all wires from the harness. The Pink will free up untill it meets with the other pink wire. Cut it off and tape it up good because you will not need it. Here is a pic of where they meet
DSC02198.jpg

Now take the Brown and Gray/Black wire and run them to a desired spot where you will be mounting the AIT sensor (most use where the cold start injector would be if still using the stock manifold and throttle body) Or if not, anywhere on the intake manifold or throttle body. Make sure that the sensor mounting point is deep enough so that the sensor is protruding in to get airflow over it. Now you will notice you still have a solid Gray wire left over, just cut it off or tuck it away somewhere because it will also not be needed.

So on to the wiring, take the Brown and Gray/Black wires and attach them to the two AIT sensor wires (polarity does not matter) Solder them together and heat shrink wrap them. Tape them up ensuring a good seal. What you have now should look like this pic:
DSC02205.jpg

Do not tape up the harness as you will need it stripped for the MAP sensor wiring :wink:

Now for the MAP sensor:

Locate the turbo pressure sensor. It will have three wires, a Pink/Blue,Brown and a Red/White. Here is a pic:
DSC02207.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

Cut the clip off. Strip back and run wires to a desired spot, again on the intake manifold. Now take the MAP sensor Red wire and attach to the Pink/Blue OEM harness wire. Take the MAP Black wire and attach it to the Brown OEM harness wire. Lastly take the MAP Green wire and attach it to the Red/White OEM harness wire.
harness1.jpg

harness2.jpg

Solder, heat shrink wrap and tape up all three wires. Wiring is done :D What you have now should look something like this pic:
harnesscomplete.jpg

Wrap up the whole harness with the electrical tape and re-use the plasic covering then you are done!

alltracst185

This is for wiring in AIT and MAP sensors when using a EMS, dont really know if it will work with the stock ECU :shrug:

jeffrosie

Thanks for such a detailed writeup :)
Now only to find how to rewire the ST185 to work with the 205 ECU, obv with 205 injectors ana map sensor.