Project Bacardi!!!!!

Rpz123isme

So just picked up this little number, It starts but has a mean rod knock so tomorrow i will start removing the motor for a complete rebuild. Im going to use stock quality internals to get her going and build a monster on the side.

alltrac005.jpg

alltrac004.jpg

alltrac003.jpg

alltrac002.jpg

Yes sadly i towed it with a 4runner that has 225k on it....lol
alltrac001.jpg

Its has some surface rust but the chassis is very clean.

Awesome-Trac

how were you able to find out it was a rod knock? cause im trying to figure out if mine has one...people say its a exhaust leak, others say it needs a valve adjustment...so now im confused

Rpz123isme

I'm a machinist by trade so its second nature to me. you need to have a good shop look at it or drive it 100 miles and if it throws a rod through the side of the block it is a bad bearing. but if you don't like those routes buy a stethoscope and start the car and find where the noise is coming from.

Awesome-Trac

lol...its funny how you say drive it for 100miles to see if anything happens...ive driven it that much already...lol trying to listen to the sound and even went underneath to listen for knocking but heard it only on the top of the motor.

Rpz123isme

check your valve lash. check to see if all the shims are in place. turn it on and remove one plug wire at time to see what cylinders might be down. then if a cylinder is down do a leak down test on that cylinder to see where is is leaking or damaged.
there are several different ways you can find this problem. good luck

Awesome-Trac

i removed the sparkplugs while it was running to see if the noise would disappear but it was still there so i guess the next step would be what you told me then...hopefully i can get this fixed

Rpz123isme

celicaGTS_T":1iz9okrx said:
lol, bitch please, ill swap ur injectors out w/ my 5s ones :D
LOL

well guys today i took a few parts off the car to clean

005-3.jpg

And here is what she looks like now. found chunks of paint in the head, as well as a 8mm bolt....lol
001-1.jpg

Rpz123isme

3tcpower":37ujopvw said:
Thats not a good start. Hope none of it made it's way else where.

I'm not worried about it the car is getting a full make over.

I bead blasted most of the parts i took of except the valve cover and throttle body, those are soaking for a few days in a hot tank.

alltrac001-1.jpg

Rpz123isme

I have a problem already. I need a 165 head that has no cracks and has never been rebuilt. I can fix mine but id like a better one. Some jack ass stripped the exhaust bolts and decides to put 14mm studs in and a chunk is missing now. ( I hate Stupid People.)

Rpz123isme

OK so i have cleaned the valve cover and its halfway polished. no pics on that cause i for got it at work. but this morning I pulled the excuse of a motor. I'm so happy it needs to be rebuilt because everything was only half ass put together, this thing was a death trap. On the bright side this car has no under body rust :D

Time for some cleaning
removal004.jpg

I don't have any chains and let me say tie downs are very risky
removal003.jpg

You can see the steel braided lines
removal002.jpg

After i tear the motor apart I'm going to degrease the shit out of the bay
removal001.jpg