Low rise headlight thread

concealer404

I dig the RS Active low-rise conversion...

I know one used to/maybe still does exist for the MR2... can't remember the name, though.

Dammit, what WAS that kit? It was somewhat popular for the MR2, was a low rise rectangle conversion. :(

[edit]

4Beam kit.

Boo_Guy

I emailed about having another run of these made but they never responded, maybe someone else could try.

cust_met_bracket.jpg

cust_body_bumper_2.jpg

cust_body_bumper.jpg

cust_body_lights.jpg

Its on http://www.neeltec.co.uk/index2.html under custom stuff.

Im sure a bulk buy across several celica forums would generate enough interest.

Hotrodhendrix

I think it would look the best myself also.. This made my list but it will be a bit till I get to them. Matching fogs will be a must..

CMS-GT4

Yeah, if we can find a bulb that is the same width and just shorter I think we can easily put something together.

concealer404

I'll look around... i could have sworn when we were talking about this years ago a pontiac of some kind was mentioned that was almost 2" shorter than the H6054. (Assuming you were talking housings, right?)

Hotrodhendrix

concealer404":2nueoiib said:
I'll look around... i could have sworn when we were talking about this years ago a pontiac of some kind was mentioned that was almost 2" shorter than the H6054. (Assuming you were talking housings, right?)

Correct. Not sure which pontiac though. I think firebirds are small and more square.

concealer404

Would more square be that bad of a thing? Do you guys want to keep it the same width? (I kinda do, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me)

I think we'd be making/modifying the bezels anyways, so if it's a little narrower than stock, i can't see that looking bad, either.

Hotrodhendrix

concealer404":27xh9h1l said:
Would more square be that bad of a thing? Do you guys want to keep it the same width? (I kinda do, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me)

I think we'd be making/modifying the bezels anyways, so if it's a little narrower than stock, i can't see that looking bad, either.

I think just a shorter rectangular housing would look much better. The 164 ecodes are shorter but a bit more narrow as well. I honestly think they are the easiest way to go. It will be a few months out for me though.

concealer404

Hotrodhendrix":2eu6t8s8 said:
concealer404":2eu6t8s8 said:

I think just a shorter rectangular housing would look much better. The 164 ecodes are shorter but a bit more narrow as well. I honestly think they are the easiest way to go. It will be a few months out for me though.

How much more narrow are we talking?

(Well, i'm sure i can look that up for myself. :p )

l0ch0w

Apparently the camaro lights work well, but some modification is necessary. Twosrus has a kit available for the sw20, I wonder if it would work on the celica???

CMS-GT4

It looks like the hella lights are about $70 each now on Amazon, so at least that part of the kit is cheaper. I picked up an extra celica light shroud so if I do this, I can use it to make my new shrouds. I am torn between the dual lights and a single shorter housing, if it exists.

If I do not mess with the height of my kit, I will likely get a housing like this.
http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=744

ZeroDrift

My old car:

DSCN1910.jpg

DSC01661.jpg

02-08-07_2048.jpg

These lights are actually quite good! About ~$90 per unit and can be found here:

http://www.rallylights.com/Hella_90mm_H ... dules.aspx

These lights are a huge improvement over the stock lights and I would recommend them for anyone looking to vastly improve their lighting. On a side note, I do manufacture a few misc parts for cars and could look into a production run of these as a mounting solution. Here is one of my products that has been out for a while: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f14/t170108- ... rails.html

CMS-GT4

So what kind of parts would you make that might help us? Are you going to do it to your alltrac?