headlight conversion

Landon

i'll look into this for sure. which later model celica has projectors? it would work for me to have like projector lenses in the grill somewhere and then have the popups for just a highbeam basically...

CMS-GT4

I ddi not mean a projector from a celica, there was a fog light lens that fits the side vents of the rc bumper from another 18x model. I was thinking of using it and installing the projector behind it.

concealer404

I think you'll find that trying to use the "fog light" holes in the CS bumper will pose a couple problems if you're trying to use them as your main lights.

1) Not entirely legal. (Definitely in cali at least.)
2) Too low. You'll have a hell of a time getting the light far enough down the road for it to work.

I believe it's the 90-91 fogs that fit in there, btw.

Hotrodhendrix

concealer404":4kgf9uaz said:
I think you'll find that trying to use the "fog light" holes in the CS bumper will pose a couple problems if you're trying to use them as your main lights.

2) Too low. You'll have a hell of a time getting the light far enough down the road for it to work.

Its the 90-91 gt fog lights that fit in the RC bumper. Not perfect but almost.
~james

concealer404

Hotrodhendrix":7os8s65f said:
concealer404":7os8s65f said:

~james

Heh, and that "not perfect" is what bugs me enough that i'm just going to hold out for real CS fogs or the MKiii fogs with custom brackets.

Hotrodhendrix

concealer404":1teva4ac said:
Hotrodhendrix":1teva4ac said:
concealer404":1teva4ac said:

~james

Heh, and that "not perfect" is what bugs me enough that i'm just going to hold out for real CS fogs or the MKiii fogs with custom brackets.

MKiii fogs fit better?

concealer404

Haha, i knew exactly what you were linking before i even opened it. :D

Yeah, they do look great, and i still flip-flop from time to time as to which i prefer, but i think at the end of the day, i have a CS cover, may as well stay CS.

Hotrodhendrix

concealer404":2n54bth1 said:
Haha, i knew exactly what you were linking before i even opened it. :D

Yeah, they do look great, and i still flip-flop from time to time as to which i prefer, but i think at the end of the day, i have a CS cover, may as well stay CS.

I had one of those pics as my screen saver for years. :twisted: