Will an st205 Water Intercooler fit in an st185 (Wide Body)?

sbsolarski

Hi,

I'm currently eyeing an st205 water intercooler (+pump +radiator) and would like to replace the standard air-to-air topmount that I currently have. Is there a lot of rework involved? I'm assuming it would be roughly identical to the st185 RC water intercooler.

The only issue I can come up with is maybe my bonnet (gt4 bonnet with scoop) may clash with it.

aus jd 2703

It can be done I'm running a full 205 intercoolEr including the front heat exchanger. U need to make custom coolant lines and drill and tap a pump mount but u can do it. Only catch with mine is the front heat exchanger mount is far from ideal it's low and doesn't get much airflow but it came with the front cut so it was cheaper than a new core.
The topheat exchanger clears the hood u maybe have to reomove the runner that's all. And the gen 3 head is different so u need to mount the top mount creatively but many have done that in the past

sbsolarski

Thanks aus jd, I will take into account what you have said and think hard about making the decision to purchase it.