Modify power window switch

CMS-GT4

I have had an idea for a project for a while. Does anyone know if the individual window switches can be removed from the main driver side assembly?

shadowlife25

They share a circuit board on the driver's side. (main control)

The idea I had was to source a driver's side switch assembly from a Japanese ST185 and tie it into the rest of the system, thus giving the auto down feature to both sides. I'm guessing you wanted to modify it for an auto up function though, correct?

CMS-GT4

I was hoping I could just pull another driver side switch and swap it in place of the passenger side. I like having dual auto down.

shadowlife25

Unfortunately, I don't think that would work. Like I said, they share a circuit board. I wanted to do this for a while as well.

CMS-GT4

Well crap. Thanks for the info. I would hate to had removed everything to find out this won't work.

Rick89GTS

Can't recall who it was, but he said if you break the tab on the opposite side of the "AUTO DOWN" switch, it will go "AUTO UP"
If I can find the link, I'll post it.

shadowlife25

Key point being you did it on a 165. it won't work that way on a 185.
I suppose I should have been more specific.

Thank you for sharing that info with us Wakkjob. :)

underscore

I have auto up in the RC and I hate it, makes it near impossible to open the window just a crack. Auto down for the passenger would be nice though (and auto open for the sunroof in my GT-S)