Project CMS

CMS-GT4

I ordered some epoxy to fix my one splitter. I am going to fit those first, then I will start making plans for the wind splitter part of it. I need to figure out clearance cause I do not want to smash it around here. Mine will be black for now, but I may figure up a body colored version next year.

Landon

that looks really good josh. i wish we could come up with something that would work well. seems like it would be really popular on our cars.. also, that bit about the toyota tech is so cool. i love it when that kinda stuff happens. whenever i tell someone about my car they're like wow i had no idea that was a celica.. or all the usual comments. oh and going for a 100 pages! lol

WarTowels

I think the little... not sure what they are called... bumper accents/mini splitters in body color with the wind splitter in carbon/black would be really good looking. I'm thinking a low gloss black.

Gl with the repairs.

-Towels

CMS-GT4

Success!!!! I finally removed and retapped that downpipe bolt. I took it for a test drive and no fumes in the car. Horray. Now I need to replace the rear strut bolts with toyota crash bolts then I can get an alignment. I need to stil figure out how to exit my driveway if I am going to have a lip. For the first time I scrapped underneath my bumper. I would hate to smash a lip.

Here is the dremel tool that did all the work.

photoyv.jpg

CMS-GT4

I put the center bezel in today. The car still needs to get cleaned up but things are looking pretty decent even as is. I also have some chipping of the silver behind the mirror I need to address, and suggestions? I installed one set of crash bolts in the rear. If I need to adjust further, I will put the other set in. My list for the rest of the year is getting pretty small. I am just waiting for a few items to come in. I am going later this week to get an alignment, then I need to get a couple things welded once my battery tray gets in, then I will just drive it till it gets warm again.

photo21z.jpg

photo1qc.jpg

Mirror edges
photo11i.jpg

photo2le.jpg

Stubby Antenna 7"
photo4atg.jpg

CMS-GT4

Some pics from tonights drive to school. Speaking of school, I might take time off next spring to focus on my business and books etc...

photo3sw.jpg

photo2yn.jpg

photoyi.jpg

photo1dg.jpg

CMS-GT4

I just noticed this celica has a different emblem on the front. I wish there was a more detailed pic. It gives me an idea of a shape that blends well.

celica_t18_7.jpg

Terracar

Looking really good.

Where did you find the casette?

Oh one other thing.... you blurred the license numbers in the most recent photos, but left them unblurred in the driveway pics.

-Terracar

CMS-GT4

Thanks. The one blurred was posted somewhere else. I was not too worried about posting the unblurred ones here. The cassette case was from a vinyl toy store in Chicago. I am sure you can find them online.
iphone_cassette_case.jpg

CMS-GT4

Thanks. So my epoxy came in for my lip. I am going to fix it up today. I just need to get an alignment and a couple things welded, and I am good to go. I am hoping this group buy for the front lsd goes through. I am still debating on my spring rates for next year. Since I don't drive far, I am going to leave them as is, but if I am on the highways more I will definitely drop them as I catch air when driving. Once my wife gets me a drill press I will likely do my brake upgrade. I may not do the splitter till the spring either since I will likely have the lip off when it snows. I might not even get much snow action since I am going to Malaysia for christmas, and I am debating on the whole school thing next semester. I will also worry about the A/C next spring. If I figure it out before then, great but I will likely not do it until then. I have a big Chinese test tomorrow, so once I am ahead on that stuff I am going to start looking to do an official shoot around here and with something better than my phone.

UtahSleeper

Looking damn good!

On the mirror, not sure if there is much that can be done besides replacing. Do most rear views have the same size? Maybe just find a newer one to replace it with, or do like darth did and replace it with a modern one that has a compass and such :)

Most of my searchs have looked like they alll mount 1 of 2 ways.

CMS-GT4

Thanks. I might look into another mirror then. I want to mount my radar detector from it as well.

So I setup my epoxy today. This stuff is meant for fiberglass and has a high strength rating. Hopefully this fixes the smal split areas then I can mount it. Anyone have their washer motor go out? I am trying to figure out why mine isn't sending fluid. It seems to be plugged in, and the line is connected from what I can tell.

This weekend I plan on changing back to antifreeze, installing my water temp sensor and my boost solenoid. I get an alignment tomorrow.

liprepair.jpg

MWP

Hmmm.
I would have added some fibreglass matt around the back of the cracks to give it some extra strength.

CMS-GT4

It wasn't cracked all the way through. Just the lip of it had a crack pulling off. Once I Lear Fiberglass in the sprint I think I will make a copy of them for backup.

CMS-GT4

Since its hard to find out online I will share it here. If you use a greddy ebc, you need to tap into the fpr line to go to the back of the unit. Seems this is barely mentioned online. I found it on the gt4oc.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

I installed the water temp sensor today, the boost solenoid, the heat shield, antifreeze etc.... I also test fit my lip and while I was there I found a scrape under my bumper. I have a feeling the damn alignment shop did it, but there is not way to prove it.

Anyhow, here is the engine bay as of now. Not the prettiest, but it does what it needs to do. I will adjust the boost tomorrow once I read up how to use this controller.

lipmockup.jpg

photobayg.jpg

CMS-GT4

So I installed the lip, mesh and the rear hatch cover. Other than the boost and a few screws my list is pretty small. Last night I realized I need a horn thanks to stupid drivers. So that and my window washer are my last priorities. I am not sure how long I will leave the lip on cause it might not last long around here, or even getting out of my driveway. The wife does not care for the splitters since there is not middle section and I agree it would look better with a center section.

lipfront.jpg

lipprofile.jpg

lipside.jpg

This is what it might look like if I get a splitter on my current setup.

lipfront1.jpg

concealer404

CMS-GT4":3taxxu0y said:
Since its hard to find out online I will share it here. If you use a greddy ebc, you need to tap into the fpr line to go to the back of the unit. Seems this is barely mentioned online. I found it on the gt4oc.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

I installed the water temp sensor today, the boost solenoid, the heat shield, antifreeze etc.... I also test fit my lip and while I was there I found a scrape under my bumper. I have a feeling the damn alignment shop did it, but there is not way to prove it.

Anyhow, here is the engine bay as of now. Not the prettiest, but it does what it needs to do. I will adjust the boost tomorrow once I read up how to use this controller.

It actually says in the instruction manual to tap into the FPR line. :p (Or... at least it did in the Profec B Spec II.)

HOWEVER, you'll find that works on SOME cars, and not on others. (Didn't work on mine.) I wouldn't take much stock in their instructions either way, so i'm glad you had someone to point you in the right direction. (Their directions are also wrong for installing with an external wastegate.)

I can't see the pics right now, but is it a Spec II? You're going to be doing a lot of reading, and probably some math equations if you want to dial it in correctly. Let me see if i can find the formulas that i had worked out for you. :) I hope it works out for you, it drove me insane to the point that i sold it and i'm just rocking a cheapo ball/spring manual controller until i finish my HKS "Tower of Power."

CMS-GT4

Yeah its a spec 2. I saw it says some vehicles uses the fpr tap, but there was no list of these vehicles so I could not be sure. I am not sure when I will try and set it up some time this week.

CMS-GT4

I started tuning my bost controller. It goes up to 15 but drops off real quick. I think I need to play with the warning and gain some to get it to hold better. I am liking it so far.
I am also trying to figure out my horn situation as well. I may have to drill a hole in the hub to get a wire through there for the horn. I might get a horn ring like this.
http://www.nsx1.com/images/steering_whe ... nter_b.jpg
I also checked out home depot today for materials ro make a bumper undertray. They sell a roll of 20" x 10' aluminum that would be easy to trim and bolt under neath the bumper. I am going to see what my other options are but this would be a cheap solution.