Oil Brand and Grade

aus jd 2703

your first number or thw w is your winter grade, its oil at cold so really if it never goes near 0'c 10w is fine i run 20w-50 as its summer and our miniumum is 15'c and our maximum will be high over 38'c.
if you track you car often go for a heavier grade like 20-50 as it will be thicke at the higher temps and protect better.
mobil one? im all royal purple and redline lol but then i baby my car

sMARTINside

A 10W-30 oil is going to be at the same viscosity than a 5W-30 oil at high temperatures, but it will be thicker at lower temperatures.
Since you are in California (high temps), you should use an oil that has 40 or 50 as second grade.

On my side, I use Shell Rotella T6 (5W-40) It is a tough synthetic oil that is formulated for diesel engines. It has good characteristics and is easy to find and cheap.

I think that Toyota recommends 5W-40 in the 3S-GTE, but I am not sure.

underscore

So far I've only had it for one change and it's got Amsoil synthetic, I'll use that or Castrol synthetic in the future. For my GT-S I stick to regular Castrol, but anything EXCEPT Penzoil and Quaker State are fine.

Texasnick

Redline 10w30

Tried 5w30 last winter but the engine was a little louder on warm up so I try to stick with the 10 weight.

Plan on messing around with different weights this summer once I get a pressure gauge hooked up.

Shaggz00

You are gonna get a bunch of different responses for this one. I run 20w50, and have for 7 years. I switched to Mobil1 Synthetic a few years ago, I found that it provided better PSI than the Royal Purple 20w50, and had the added benefit of being 2/3rds the price. I have a digital oil PSI gauge, btw. I saw about a 7psi increase at full throttle with the Mobil1.