dashboard warped, how to remove?

uncivilised

So recently I purchased a gt4, interior is in very average condition. The dashboard (mainly the part above the steering wheel and before the windscreen) has been warped by exposure to sun and has holes etc (basically looks really bad). I have found a spare dashboard from a st183 ready to scrap however how would I go about removing the dashboard? Does anyone have good instructions or pictures on how to do this? Thnx guys, any input is very much appreciated.

Corey

I just did this job a few months ago. It's time consuming, but straight forward enough. When I get home I'll dig up the instructions for dash removal I have.
Otherwise, you should be able to find them on celicatech in a write up about System 10/interior.

What I would recommend doing before you install the new dash is to apply a layer of glue (I used JB weld) around all the edges that tend to warp. It's my hope that the glue will help prevent the dash from warping in the future.

Basically, you start by removing the seats, the door sill covers, the shift boot and center console. Then work your way up from there: the stereo, glove box etc.

Cheers

Corey

uncivilised

Corey Darling":1lel9um6 said:
I just did this job a few months ago. It's time consuming, but straight forward enough. When I get home I'll dig up the instructions for dash removal I have.
Otherwise, you should be able to find them on celicatech in a write up about System 10/interior.

What I would recommend doing before you install the new dash is to apply a layer of glue (I used JB weld) around all the edges that tend to warp. It's my hope that the glue will help prevent the dash from warping in the future.

Basically, you start by removing the seats, the door sill covers, the shift boot and center console. Then work your way up from there: the stereo, glove box etc.

Cheers

Corey

Thnx Cory, will be awaiting those instructions :)

toayoztan

I've forgotten how to remove it too (been a while, year ago), but I THINK it involves removing or getting around the blower unit under the glove compartment, but not completey sure on that. Also, will have to remove the instrument cluster, the clock, etc.

Like he said though, it's a pretty straightforward task, just look around for the bolts. However, don't forgot there may be bolts behind the vents (remove the vent lever knob, then the vent should just pull out with a good tug).

Just take your time, got slow, and don't start pulling on the dash hard.

Bryan

Corey

dash.jpg

Cheers

monkninja

Thanks Corey! I am using this right now as I attempt to install a viper alarm system, I can't find this in my BGB....

zero06

is there anymore info on the hardware and quantities? I have everything apart and lost the box i put all the hardware in :bangshead:

toayoztan

zero06":306226ef said:
is there anymore info on the hardware and quantities? I have everything apart and lost the box i put all the hardware in :bangshead:

I have my dash out and the bolts in a ziplock bag. I can find it and take a pic of what I have.

Bryan