st185 front seats

Corey

I've been thinking about FD RX7 seats in my car. They can be found for cheap and they are really light for OEM seats.

0709_impp_11_z+1993_mazda_rx7+seats.jpg

toayoztan

^^Hate the stitch pattern, but that's just an opinon!

I would like something that hugs me a little more on the bolsters.

Bryan

Corey

Yeah that's just some photo I googled. That isn't OEM by any stretch. I would get them recovered in grey leather to match our interior.

I like them because they fit me quite securely. I'd say the side bolsters approximate our seats on the tightest setting.

1501_1.jpg

Puffy

Discontinued a few years ago... Carbon Kevlar Momo Extremes on Momo rails with 4 point Willans harnesses

dscf0111j.jpg

hatchd.jpg

Corey

My friend and I are going to swap in his passenger seat one day with mine to see how they look. They are far smaller than our seats so I'm sure they will fit without issue. Just a matter of mounting them.

CSAlltrac

Puffy your seats are awesome, little big for my taste but look good. Ive been kicking around the integra type r seats. Honda guys are whores with every single part of their car so they are easy to come by.
Recaros.jpg

Corey

Tried the FD seats out tonight. What do you guys think? We looked at it and think it would be really straight forward to make a steel adapter to move our seat rails onto the fd seats.

As you can see in the pics, the FD rails are far closer together.

IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

They are really growing on me.

toayoztan

Looks pretty good, I wouldn't mind having a set. Wouldn't be impossible at all to have it mount to adapter brackets.

Does this come in leather, and how much does it weight? Not sure if you have a scale to compare.

Bryan

Corey

I've seen them come in tan leather. Otherwise the alcantara looking fabric is pretty common. They might come in black leather or pleather.

The stitching is really similar to our seats.

Edit: Found some values on the rx7club forum. Depending on the fabric, they are ~35lbs each. So ~23lb drop in combined weight from our stock seats.

WarTowels

I guess I'm the only one that prefers the All-trac seats to those FD. I think the AT one's look far more BA, leather and a better design to me.

Also the fabric on the FD... meh. Is that black or purple? :oops: '

-Towels

Corey

It's sorta purple yea lol

There are leather kits available for the FD seats on Ebay. Can change the fabric to any colour leather they have available.

I am with you Towels. Alltrac has one of the most comfortable seats I have sat in. I test drove an RX7 and spent all my time sliding out of the seats and getting plastered against the door. To each their own but I am not seeing the appeal (except to be different). I like the recaros though :)