ISMA GTO Champ Celica AllTrac Seattle

DashEight

I bought a few parts and figured that I'd move my chatter about my Alltrac to a project page. You'll have to forgive that this post goes in no order.
2011-09-03_17-12-26_387.jpg

I bought this car from a member here a few months back. It is an 88 ISMA Car. Lately I have been scraping up parts here and there with the idea that when I do get time, I'll put them on.
The Car had 3 check engine codes with #51 & #41 associated to a frozen TPS that has been replaced and a #54 that still goes on and off due the intercooler system. I am going to refurbish the intercooler water pump and the pipeworks when I have time.
checklight.jpg

Recently I was able to pick up the St185 intercooler out of Canada that will soon be installed with a new radiator and the St185 Transmission Cooler:

2011-12-25_12-05-33_318.jpg

Got a Spare Motor just in case the stove blows:
2011-12-03_20-12-24_23.jpg

And Ordered a Fiberglass sunroof panel from Poland to replace the rotting metal one currently keeping rain out. It showed up a few days ago. It needs finish work but is a nice part. I'll update to reflect the fittment quality.
2011-12-28_20-44-33_300.jpg

2011-12-28_20-44-58_224.jpg

Haven't decided on if I want to bother with a motor build yet. I want to tune the suspension first, this car came with Megan coilovers and the Whiteline sway bars. The bushings could be uprated along with killing all the rattles that come while driving.

Here are some pictures of the bottom of the car, I was impressed with the lack of rust.:

trac2.jpg
trac1.jpg
trac4.jpg
trac5.jpg

trac7.jpg

trac9.jpg

trac8.jpg

2of81

Looks like you have a solid car to start with, I'm looking forward to seeing your project as it happens. Makes me miss my old 165.

DashEight

Yes, it was Andrew.wa's car. I'm going the same direction with what I understand he was going if he didn't have to focus on school and work. It's very possible that he will get this car back later when he's got time and space.

DashEight

Drove a 200 mile shake down route to prep for a Mt St Helens rally next weekend. The turbo's water coolant line blew in M-80 firecracker fashion 15 minutes after shutdown during a pause. It was quickly mended and the car was soon back in action. Found that I need to replace a driving light. Over all I'm pretty happy with the car and what has been done to it. I have only taken this car out a handful of times in the year I've owned it. Most time spent with it ihas been refurbishing, or uprating parts or doing preventive work. It is time to put some serious tarmac under the tires.

1461.jpg

1466.jpg

ZeroDrift

Car looks great! I love St. Helens. Great roads and scenery! Enjoyed many great club cruises with the Rx7 Cub members over there some years ago!

What are your overall plans for the car?

DashEight

ZeroDrift":17tjyd08 said:
What are your overall plans for the car?

My short term plans are to continue to refurbish the Alltrac as it's needed. I need to drive it more. Its only been out 5 times in the past year. Most of that to clear the engine codes, install the BOV, and install the uprated cooling system. I still have the downpipe to install and then exhaust. I am now down to the smaller details. Its going to be a slow but steady process with this one moving forward. I'm pretty happy with the shape it's in already. My cars don't have to be perfect.
My master plan on all my project cars is to get them, and keep them all running. I recently bought another car that I'm really looking forward to driving soon when I complete a few minor things. Here's a pic. I love a wide range of cars, this is my 3rd and best (and therefor hopefully my last) DMC.

DMC2.jpg

DashEight

UtahSleeper":1yc4nwi7 said:
WOW!!! You must have a thing for pain/hard to find cars and parts lol. Gorgeous DeLorean. Simple restore plans?
Not quite, I have no self control. This DMC has 17k on the clock and requires mostly minor interior work. I went down to look at it, ONLY to look at it.... well....I held out for 48 seconds before I announced I'd take it. It took that long to inspect the stainless panels for damage. Believe it or not, Deloreans are very simple to find and buy parts for. The Delorean parts vendors sell several complete kits to do damn near anything that needs done.

DashEight

3s_woob":1jneozf4 said:
What part of Seattle are you from? Maybe when I get my car running we can meet up and cruise.
I live in Eastlake Union on weekdays. Weekends I stay with my cars down south in Lake Tapps. I'm down to meet up sometime. I thought about a very informal monthly "second thursday" get together on the second thursday of the month and inviting all the guys and girls from all the various forums I'm a member of. Who ever shows, shows. Thinking about meeting up in Georgetown at Smarty Pants for Cars, Grub, and Beer. 6:30-9pm ish.

DashEight

After the 300 mile shake down two weeks ago, the Alltrac, last weekend, was able to keep pace with the group of cars in a 250 mile Rally to the top at Mt St Helens Windy Ridge. It was hot. I had to replenish some water after the turbo kept boiling the coolant apon shutdown. I increased the turbo timer to 15 minutes to prevent blow off. I need to lower the car on its coils and tune the suspension. There was way too much body roll for a car with whiteline sways and coilovers.
221942_10151174875175731_1286452130_n.jpg

582568_10151174936820731_1704495184_n.jpg

559273_10151174909065731_1714894483_n.jpg

523499_10151174935020731_1597340128_n.jpg

255376_10151174913530731_323024701_n.jpg

3s_woob

Wish my car was running to cruise with you guys. hopefully soon and I'll let you know. I started a roll call in the NW section to get club member's info to get a meet going once my car is on the road again. here's the thread. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=45155

phattyduck

DashEight":7dg5c742 said:
After the 300 mile shake down two weeks ago, the Alltrac, last weekend, was able to keep pace with the group of cars in a 250 mile Rally to the top at Mt St Helens Windy Ridge. It was hot. I had to replenish some water after the turbo kept boiling the coolant apon shutdown. I increased the turbo timer to 15 minutes to prevent blow off.
Do you have a high pressure radiator cap? It is a standard change that most 3s-gte owners make to keep from boiling coolant around the cylinders after shutdown.

-Charlie

DashEight

phattyduck":suiv54m5 said:
DashEight":suiv54m5 said:
After the 300 mile shake down two weeks ago, the Alltrac, last weekend, was able to keep pace with the group of cars in a 250 mile Rally to the top at Mt St Helens Windy Ridge. It was hot. I had to replenish some water after the turbo kept boiling the coolant apon shutdown. I increased the turbo timer to 15 minutes to prevent blow off.
Do you have a high pressure radiator cap? It is a standard change that most 3s-gte owners make to keep from boiling coolant around the cylinders after shutdown.

-Charlie

I would imagine that i do not have a high pressure cap. I do not remember the rating on the one current. Ill have to look into getting one. -Patrick