aus jd's 1990 gt-4 celica

aus jd 2703

for kicks i hopped under the car with some calipers and found the front sway bar is 27mm thick and the rear is 20-21mm thick so apart from adjustment there is no gain from another sway bar. maybe get a custom from 25mm swaybar but im really not that keen.
still now change in job status so car is staying a dd.

aus jd 2703

got a queery about boost control with a ct20b. i bought a boost tee which is a gated boost contoller, and i am getting a boost spike so i removed the ball and spring to get a less agressive boost curve and thus no spiking, im not getting spiking but not i get 15.5psi in first second and 16.5 in 4th 5th. now i disconnected the tsvs so it should be the same through all gears. what could be causing this? and finally it tapers of from about 5k rpm does that sound right?
fun car just boosting round

aus jd 2703

Really getting annoyed with this weird cooling issue I'm having.
Car runs fine no smoke nothing. Doesnt over heat compressions fine. But when turn it off it pushes coolant out it must overflow from the overflow and onto the ground. If it was overfilled it would to it all the time but it seems to only Do it when I turn it off? Any ideas ?????

MWP

Only other thing it could be is a coolant system leak somewhere.
Mine did something similar when i cracked the block :(

MWP

Not easily.
I thought it was a water pump or welsch plug leak.
Ended up using a friends boroscope to look around the pump & inside the timing cover to find it.

aus jd 2703

I think that was part the problem. Swapped radcap and took coolant from the overflow to top the rad up incase it was overfull. I just wonder why occasionally I open it and it's below the fins.

aus jd 2703

Ok got my bc coilovers installed. With the front strut tops I turned them 90' so it adjust camber and caster. Is there any reason this would be bad? Just wanna know before I drive it much?

aus jd 2703

Ok so running toe Out on the front may have been a bad idea as I have scrubbed the out side shoulder of both fronts..... Bugger waste of $300 in tires.
On another note I put my gopher rad in and it doesn't fit. It sits to high I has to put 10mm spacers under the front mounts and slot the bolt holes.
Also I had to enlarge the fan shroud holes. It's in and almost perfect accept fan shroud isn't sealed to the radiator there is like a 5mm gap in places. And the bonnet stay doesn't fit as the upper radiator mounts sit 10mm to high and I won't sit.
Gonna dig through and check that I'm not running 205 upper mounts as I know their different. Other wise gonna have to cut and weld sone brackets to suit.
Any one have any input?
The gopher rad was ment for a manual 182-184 but the seller said it was the same and it seems it but I still worry.
Cools well but found a patch of coolant under the block twice outta 5 trips so I don't get why it's intermittent.....??

deecee

got pictures? I know that I will have to cut the bottom radiator bush on one side to lower it into position.

aus jd 2703

I can take photos just not today as its raining. I didn't think cutong the lower mounts was a good idea as metal on metal contract and vibration would break the mounts of the radiator?