Help with st205 fans!!!

96stgreendemon

Hello! It's been awhile since I posted here but I've been having some issues with my radiator fans that has never really bugged me until now.... They are always running!!! It takes forever to warm the car up, I'm sure it being 15 degrees F does not help. But a little background on the car, it's a 96 AT200 with 3rd gen ST205 swap, running a FMIC and a deleted A/C (pump and all piping are gone). I think the lack of the ac compressor/ level sender for it could be my problem, does anyone know how I would go about tricking the computer Into not having the fans on constantly? Any help would be appreciated!!!

phattyduck

You'll need the diagrams for your car... but most likely, all you need to do is connect the wires together on the A/C pressure switch(es). They are normally located near the A/C drier.

Having the fans on all the time shouldn't cause the motor to warm up more slowly, that's what the thermostat is for. It should keep the coolant from going through the radiator until the motor is warm (and keep the right amount of cold coolant mixing with the warm once the engine is warm). You will probably want to replace your thermostat while you are trying to solve this problem.

-Charlie

Corey

Removal of the AC pressure sensor from the harness will cause this.

Can either plug the sensor back into the harness (if you still have it)

Picture from a 165
sensor.jpg

Or, you could bridge the two terminals with a wire and wrap it up.

"For the 185 there are 4 wires to this sensor. The blue/black and green/black wires, (the outer 2 wires) should be shorted together to prevent the radiator fan from running continuously"

I'm not sure if the 205 is the same as the 185