1995 TTE Rally Ban

Caconman424

Ya I read it on wikipedia. Funny to think restricting a turbo is performance boosting. I understand why but my mindset just says no lol

sMARTINside

Here I found this diagram of the ingenious restrictor:

tte-restrict.jpg

underscore

I can get how it worked once set up, but I can't wrap my head around how it got set up so stealthily and snapped back when you tried to open it up. a video would be handy but seeing as this happenedin 95 I doubt there is any such video.

Tazka

Caconman424":23pzuz8e said:
Ya I read it on wikipedia. Funny to think restricting a turbo is performance boosting. I understand why but my mindset just says no lol
Wait what? who said it's performance boostin restricting a turbo? :D

aus jd 2703

I personally don't believe this had anything to do with Toyota not producing another gt four. If you look at it there hasn't been a sports car since the supra so I think it was a strategic thing to stop making sports cars.

Tazka

After the ban they released the corolla wrc. And Carlos Sainz nearly won another championship title with it. Rallying was just way to get rep. to the brand. It had nothing to do with toyota suddenly getting all lame. I think the fact that they got full focused with family cars was 100% for business reasons.

I was just a small kid when this came out from tv but i still remember it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aug0LJfP ... ure=fvwrel

RedCelicaTRD

From what I read, the drivers wanted to get rid of the Celica in rally. They wanted a car with better seating position and Toyota decided to switch over to the Corolla.

That restrictor bypass was a bad ass design. I've always believed in the old saying, "If your not cheating, your not trying."

Dracov

The other problem the Celica suffered from was the body overhang past the front and rear wheels. Especially on the 205 drivers complained they couldn't see where the end of the car was. The Corolla WRC has its wheels at the corners, thus eliminating that problem and improving handling at the same time.

MWP

RedCelicaTRD":2mw8ta2d said:
I've always believed in the old saying, "If your not cheating, your not trying."

What kind of screwed up saying is that?? :withstupid: