To those who are or who have run a GT35r on their all trac

dragstang86

I have looked at the 6266 as well as the 6262. I just don't know enough about these things yet. Being my first 4 cylinder build I am relying heavily on everybody's input. I'm gonna find out today how much I can get the 6266 or the 6262 for. From what I am finding online, it seems the $800 for a GT3582R is a good deal.

What are the pros/cons of the 6266 vs. 6262 vs. 3582?

dragstang86

Ok well I talked to my buddy and this is now the decision I have to make. Price isn't the issue because I can get each of these new for $800.

Precision 6266 journal bearing - $800
Precision 6262 journal bearing - $800
Garrett GT3582R Ball Bearing (pre-china) - $800

What route do you guys think I should go?

toayoztan

dragstang86":gazm7wze said:
Ok well I talked to my buddy and this is now the decision I have to make. Price isn't the issue because I can get each of these new for $800.

Precision 6266 journal bearing - $800
Precision 6262 journal bearing - $800
Garrett GT3582R Ball Bearing (pre-china) - $800

What route do you guys think I should go?

I've always liked the Precision turbos. Any those come in twin scroll?

Bryan

dragstang86

I'm not sure if they are available in twin scroll or not. I think I am going to go ahead and go with the ball bearing GT3582R because it is just too good of a deal to pass up. Basically a $1500 turbo for $800 where the journal bearing Precisions are like a $900-$1000 turbo for $800 so I'm getting more value with the 3582.

What do you guys think of the Stainless Tial V-band housing for the 3582? I think I want to go all v-band and it is a nice looking piece. At the same time I could just weld v-band flanges to the housing that it comes with and save $375.

http://www.full-race.com/store/turbos/g ... using.html

brutekiller787

what block are you on? i know some S blocks will crack in certain places (3rd gen between cylinders 2 and 3). if you are shooting for AT LEAST 500whp on an alltrac, i would consider the 98+ 5s block. that is what most who are making really big power in these kinds of cars use.

dragstang86

brutekiller787":2i3f5vsd said:
what block are you on? i know some S blocks will crack in certain places (3rd gen between cylinders 2 and 3). if you are shooting for AT LEAST 500whp on an alltrac, i would consider the 98+ 5s block. that is what most who are making really big power in these kinds of cars use.

I have the 2nd gen 3sgte. It already had Carillo rods and .020 over JE pistons in it when I got, and it all only has a trip from NM to NJ worth of highway miles on it so it is just the cheaper way for me to go right now. If it breaks then I'll decide what direction to go then as far as a 5sfe block.

toayoztan

brutekiller787":257y8fmz said:

That's usually because people will overbore .40 instead of .20.

Bryan

saved_1992

dragstang86":1g6e2w3k said:
I have been planning my build and starting to collect parts and have been thinking of going with the GT35r. Through one of my connections I can get one of the pre-chinese (one of the good ones) Garrett GT35r's new for $800. The car currently has the KO Racing T3/T4 50 trim kit on it. I want a bare minimum of 500awhp.

Just looking to get input on those who have or are using the turbo and find out what you think of it. Thanks.

Bryan

what are you going to do with the ko racing turbo set up?