New Zealand

GT4_Vinnie

Yes, there is Someone.
Hamilton, god place, Im up Dargaville haha if ya know where that is =).

Aww nice, Ive got a 165, which is still currently off the road, each mod i do, i want to do 2 more and so on, so just keeping it Work in Progress haha.

As far as I know, mines the only ST165 in the northland region, I know theres a guy with a 3sgte converted ST162 over in whangarei, but thats not the real deal =)

Good to know there are others in NZ who I can get assistence from.

Cheers
Vinnie

hop

Yeah mate heaps of good back roads around here. Im dead in the middle between cambridge morrinsville and Hamilton.

Yeah another member tw2 is from around here and hes got more info than you can shake a stick at, and by the looks of it been there done that to the GT4

Check out his writeups.

Another good nz car site is oldschool.co.nz. Heaps of good jokers pushing the limits with a little kiwi know how. And toyspeed.org.nz lots of 3sgte

bmt

Yep another one for the clan. St165 currently in the middle of a build/swap Gen 4 motor withe st205 running gear.

Ghost chips heh heh

GT4_Vinnie

Wow good to see some fellow kiwi's, theres more on here then i expected.

to hop, yes certainly good backstreets haha, been through there a few times, good runs, no police in ya way =D

to loudstealthGT-Four, aww true, is it getting rebuilt by choice, or did it blow?

to uncivilised, aww true man, where abouts on the shore?

to bmt, good to see another 165 =), where abouts are you? 205 gear aye, upgrading to 205 brakes aswel, if so lemme know how difficult to fit up it is.

Cheers
Vinnie

Haha nope not by choice :( , turbo's exhaust wheel shattered while boosting and bits went back up the manifold and into the cylinders. F$%@ed all the cylinders, so its getting bored out and new pistons.

Heres a few pics of my car, although you probably haven't seen it around :D

IMG_0023-3.jpg

IMG_0024-2.jpg

and a shot of the engine bay before I pulled the motor out
IMG_0005-2.jpg

GT4_Vinnie

OOOUCHH, thats gotta be a pain in the wallet, for sure, nah havn't seen int, but looks good, would like to see it in person haha. Rims suit it to, always loved white rims on a black car. Engine bay looks good, very tidy, good job with the rockercover, stock is just so ugly =).

Haha, well save some up and move in, lots of friendly faces around =)

bmt

In Auckland, check the car here;

St215 motor + st205 gearbox into St165 JDM build

Just search for it.

Anyone else keen for the front lsd group buy thing thats on here?

GT4_Vinnie

Aww that would be lethal =), I was thinking of putting a Caldina box behind the Celica motor, gear ratios are different, i can easily put a Caldina sideways, had a lil more difficulty in the celica, so must be different final drive.

Aww good to see another 165 around haha, ill search it up when I can.

Aww not really looking to remove gearbox/diff unless I have to haha, not the nicest job, so probally wouldn't be to interested unless price was right, and was availiable for when I do my clutch or something.

Cheers

Broz

Christchurch 'shakeville' here.

For info also checkout 'Toyspeed forums' + there are also groups on fbk.

Cheers,
Mark

GT4_Vinnie

Hey Mark
yeah it is pretty hectic down there I here, hope all is well for ya, Im curious though as I have seen a few gt4 on trademe from around CHCH area, suck as white 185, and an orange 185, are theyre quite a few aroud there that you've seen?

cheers
Vinnie

Broz

Hey Vinnie - Haven't seen any on the roads - but I know of at least 3 in chch - mine, my 2nd one which my son bought off me & the Red one that was on t/me.

There is a white one in Dunedin for sale & imagine there are possibly a few more around here and there.

Great cars!

Cheers,
Mark