Ideas for 165 hood vents

UtahSleeper

So, when I get a replacement hood for my 165 I am planning on mounting some vents towards the back. Something I can bolt in. My current plan is to look at universals on ebay, find something that seems to match the shape of the car, add bolts and use them.

My question is, what vents have you seen that you think would look good on the 165?

UtahSleeper

Hmmm.............might have to look into that. I also thought they had more rounding and countour since the hood on the 185 has more curve. Just another option to explore.

88gt4DE

UtahSleeper":yd6ubwrx said:
Hmmm.............might have to look into that. I also thought they had more rounding and countour since the hood on the 185 has more curve. Just another option to explore.

Good point , I havent seen a 185 one up close for awile and not alot. Now that I think about it those are more curved than ours .... hmmmm got me thinking too. I want to do something too for heat. not a fan of the hood crop ....

UtahSleeper

Yea, I know the heat on these things suck. Thats probably one of a few reasons why the harness on my trac is toast. I figure some simple, but good looking, vents should do the trick. No reason for a scoop for me since it's W2A and I will eventually just being going front mount.

UtahSleeper

Any other ideas?

I like the aluminum vents, but I would never use them cause of the mounting method. Plus, I wouldn't trust my body work skills to make it blend with the hood.

concealer404

UtahSleeper":28xbmr9o said:
Any other ideas?

I like the aluminum vents, but I would never use them cause of the mounting method. Plus, I wouldn't trust my body work skills to make it blend with the hood.

..... what mounting method are you looking for?

UtahSleeper

Something like the 185 (The normal vents or CS, both just "fit" the style of the car its on). Slightly thicker material that holds screw/bolts in it, or can be made to hold them so they can be tightened down under the hood. Trying to find a vent that fits the body styling angles of the 165 and can be made to look like it belongs there from the factory.

I will figure something out. The aluminum you posted might get used on my rolla cause they are a mild vent. I just posted this thread since I assume I am not the only one who has had this idea :) So wanted to see what other ideas people had.

Some vents I have been considering are:
vent1.jpg

vent2.jpg

vent3.jpg

jeepVent.jpg

Then there is always the option of doing as legacy of dan has done, just not sure how good that will be on a car that will spend all it's time outside, not under cover.

I also would like something like below, but some concerns as listed above.
0701_sccp_13zmitsubishi_lancer_evolution_ix_mrright_front.jpg

Anoo21

i was jus gonna do some bolt on vents but just cutting a whole that fits the body lines are just as good.

We have pretty much the same style hood and front as a ae86 heres some pictures

302758443_b814b6ce71.jpg

0611_impp_01z+toyota_corolla_ae86+left_front_view.jpg

Mafix

not to rain on dans car here but...
i made the first hood, bori took pics and had the hood made that dan currently owns.

UtahSleeper

Mafix":ij9qktua said:
not to rain on dans car here but...
i made the first hood, bori took pics and had the hood made that dan currently owns.

My bad. I saw your hood well before dans, just his comes to mind cause I have seen alot more pics of his lol.

I assume noth you and dan keep your cars parked inside or covered, yes?