Exhaust purchase? ok or not ok

toayoztan

Those look to be the SSAC/Motoria exhausts, which will work for the alltracs.

Be sure to find sellers that aren't international if you're in the US!

Bryan

Boo_Guy

I just bought one yesterday from the 1stcarparts guy.

He lists an exhaust about every week or so for a lower starting price than the one you linked to, I got it for 149gbp plus shipping. Works out to about 50 less than the US seller even with shipping and the currency exchange rates.

UPS is a royal screwing if youre canadian too so thats even more money saved over the US seller.

It'll probably be here in 3-4 weeks I hope, I'll put a post up when I get it installed.

rinch

Boo_Guy":2mapsdoi said:
I just bought one yesterday from the 1stcarparts guy.

He lists an exhaust about every week or so for a lower starting price than the one you linked to, I got it for 149gbp plus shipping. Works out to about 50 less than the US seller even with shipping and the currency exchange rates.

UPS is a royal screwing if youre canadian too so thats even more money saved over the US seller.

It'll probably be here in 3-4 weeks I hope, I'll put a post up when I get it installed.

Cool...cant wait to see those pics!!! if you could post videos to youtube or some other site and share the link that would be excellent too. Thanks man!!!

Boo_Guy

Yea I'll get pics and video when I get it on the car, might not see them until near april though.

Hope its not too loud...

Boo_Guy

Well the shipping was really fast, even after asking for a slower, cheaper rate. I payed for it on Feb 27th and it arrived on Monday, just 7 days to Canada from the UK. :D

Its not installed yet, just pics of the unboxing of it, and some close ups to check out the welds and thickness of the metal.

Looks pretty good to me, we'll have to see how it fits;
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/bo ... c/Exhaust/

CMS-GT4

My only gripe is those remote tips. I would rather see something that came straight out of the muffler. I guess if I get one, I can just add my own tips.

rinch

Thanks for the pics. It looks good. Looks like the stock system except prettier. Thanks again man. Can't wait to see it on the car and hear how it sounds.

awolo

My exhaust is shot, and i'm thinking of picking this up as well.

VERY MUCH looking forward to installed pics, fitment and sound!!

awolo

Boo_Guy":3va2rq7s said:
Well the shipping was really fast, even after asking for a slower, cheaper rate. I payed for it on Feb 27th and it arrived on Monday, just 7 days to Canada from the UK. :D

Its not installed yet, just pics of the unboxing of it, and some close ups to check out the welds and thickness of the metal.

Looks pretty good to me, we'll have to see how it fits;
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/bo ... c/Exhaust/

Any update on this? Pics? Fitment? Sound?

Boo_Guy

The box it came in looks very nice sitting in my garage. :lol:

Im waiting until I buy a big set of bushings and will be doing them and the exhaust at the same time, hopefully in the next month.

Ironchief

I'm kind of a noob so not sure if this is done, but how how easy would it be to chop off the muffler and get a shop to weld on a different one if the sound isn't that great? Also, what about chopping off the center cat and replacing it with some solid or flexible pipe, is that done?

underscore

should be pretty easy for any decent shop, my brother with very little welding experience replced my muffler on my GT-S in about an hour and it's held up for over 2 years now.

Boo_Guy

Its pretty easy to remove and insert pieces of exhaust anywhere you want, they just use a pipe expander to get the sizes evened up and then weld them.

awolo

I actually just bought one. Stock one rusted out real bad. Picked this up shipped for $350USD.

Hopefully will have it installed in a few weeks.

Will post pics for you guys and will also give insight on the product.

brutekiller787

i have one of the exact same exhaust and have had it for about a year and a half. still no rust on it and sounds awesome. if you have an st165 it hangs a bit low, i know because thats what i have. i can try and get pics up tonight.