ST205 Front Brakes

CMS-GT4

klue":2avxyq7m said:
Dont worry, either way I can help you fit the 205 rotor if thats what you choose.
The kit im working on will not require a modded caliper or have any balljoint issues.

You may want to offer a bracket that compensates for those who shaved their calipers to use the 205 rotors as well.

darthripley

even tho we already fitted the 205 calipers & rotors on i would still be interested in a kit.
good work making this for us all klue!

klue

I appreciate everyone's opinions!
It is taking some time. I should have another update Saturday as I go to the shop to work on the second spacer.

To fit the st205 brake rotor you have to remove some material from the caliper. I was strongly against this at first
but it seems the best way from a price stand point. The way to fit the 205 brake needs the caliper to be trimmed to have the rotor properly fit between the pads, I reluctantly accepted this after the machinist convinced me it would not affect the integrity of the calipers' mounting.

The second method is more Taylor to my tastes, but surely is a large market for others.
kit will have
-3spacers; hub ring, pad spacer, and rotor spacer
-may require longer wheel studs( i will source these for the kit)
-will require ZERO modification to the caliper(if you have shaved 1-2mm we can include a washer)
-may or may not need a longer brake line, i have not tested to see how this mocks up.
-no bracket, no ball joint issue
-should fit 16inch wheels

CMS-GT4

darthripley":2eqkx984 said:
even tho we already fitted the 205 calipers & rotors on i would still be interested in a kit.
good work making this for us all klue!

I was thinking about this. I think those who have shave their caliper ears can run a larger rotor spacer to compensate. I guess that really depends on how large the kits current rotor spacer is. Then again maybe a 1mm-2mm spacer could be used behind the bracket to move the caliper to the stock offset. Hrm.

CMS-GT4

klue":30wbobxc said:
I appreciate everyone's opinions!
The second method is more Taylor to my tastes, but surely is a large market for others.
kit will have
-3spacers; hub ring, pad spacer, and rotor spacer
-may require longer wheel studs( i will source these for the kit)
-will require ZERO modification to the caliper(if you have shaved 1-2mm we can include a washer)
-may or may not need a longer brake line, i have not tested to see how this mocks up.
-no bracket, no ball joint issue
-should fit 16inch wheels

Couple of questions:
1) What is the second bolt pattern on the rotor? Might be useful for those considering the 5x114 conversion.

2) What is the spacer size. You might be able to sell the spacer to those who want to do the regular 205 rotor conversion.

This link suggests a 4mm spacer for the 205 rotor. I was looking at some for about $25 on ebay, but I would still need to machine them down from 7" to 5" to fit inside the rotor bell.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/r1biker/20 ... st185.html

klue

rotors are 5x114.

I cant deliver and spacers sizes atm. We made the spacer extra thick so that we just shave it down as we need.

CMS-GT4

I see. Another question, if you offer a 205 rotor replacement will you be offering them milled down? I have still kicked around going with the 205 rotor route. So if the 205 rotor price is right, and I won't have to worry about sourcing a machinist everytime I do brakes, it may still be an option for me.

klue

Everything will be done in house.
st205 rotor milling and the secondary rotor will be machined by us as well

CMS-GT4

Hey bozo-merlin, what kind of price would the caliper bracket cost? I might have a local solution for 330mm rotors.

MWP

Dragging this up again, as im going through it at the moment.

Ive made up 3D models of the 205 claiper, 185 strut and my wheels to work out what can be done.

And.... my wheels suck :(
No where near enough spoke clearance for the caliper.

2053or.jpg

2052h.jpg

205xv.jpg

klue

I forgot about this thread. Having switched to willwood set up I never bothered to try the 16 inch set up I had made. It stands completed and collecting dust in my basement. Not sure If I had put these pics up, but here it is complete.

PICT2976.jpg

PICT2978.jpg

Thats the caliper/rotor in a gen 7 gts wheel. fits perfectly.

Some nice modeling there MWP

klue

Like I said in the last post, one side of the kit is finished, everything mounts up and appears to work. But I have no reason to finish it as Im using willwood stuff on my car now. If someone was interested I could finish it up but until then it will stay in the pile of many doomed projects

tubasteve

Friend of mine is possibly. He should be buying his*first alltrac* this week, you have calipers add well? he hates the brakes
-jr