For those who want a 2.5" downpipe for there ST165's...read

jonahs_3sgte

I have been wanting to source a nice downpipe for my st165 with single scroll turbo
Contacted Aussie performance and they no longer make these

I have been in contact with a member on here who has contacted KO racing
They could make them for around $300 usd but the more who are interested the lower the price
If interested send me a message with interest and i will contact the member for a running total

Use your income tax for a good upgrade :)

klue

Hi guys the downpipes are mild steel, and ceramic coated for rust and heat properties. Mild steel is more resistant to cracking, and if used correctly with their supplied support bracket you can have years of trouble free use. I use KO pipes exclusively on any CT based turbo, for my track applications and street.

They will fit the st165 CT26 on a gen 1 st165 this downpipes will be specific to the st165. Though we can get other set ups.

jonahs_3sgte

^^well put lol

Have you heard from ko yet klue?

Zerodrift make sure your turbo is a gen 1 ct26...it will have 4 bolts for the downpipe

Klue I would be very interested in a spare o2 bung for wideband and additional bung for egt sensor

ZeroDrift

klue":1oijaxis said:
Hi guys the downpipes are mild steel, and ceramic coated for rust and heat properties. Mild steel is more resistant to cracking, and if used correctly with their supplied support bracket you can have years of trouble free use. I use KO pipes exclusively on any CT based turbo, for my track applications and street.

They will fit the st165 CT26 on a gen 1 st165 this downpipes will be specific to the st165. Though we can get other set ups.

That sounds good. Any plans to have mounting points for stock heat shields?

jonahs_3sgte":1oijaxis said:
^^well put lol

Have you heard from ko yet klue?

Zerodrift make sure your turbo is a gen 1 ct26...it will have 4 bolts for the downpipe

Klue I would be very interested in a spare o2 bung for wideband and additional bung for egt sensor

Thanks for verifying that! I do have a spare gen 1 CT26 turbo then. Going to get it overhauled in the future and it would be nice to put on a new downpipe at the time of installation!

klue

Im sure we can get the bungs you need put in. I would like to have that specified on the list that we should start running. Have not heard back from Kris recently I will give him a call tomorrow

The stock heat sheilds do not mount to the turbo. The Cat downpipe has them to retain heat in the CAT, we do not need them, the ceramic coating serves this purpose much better

ZeroDrift

I would be interested in a downpipe with 2 oxygen sensor bungs. Ceramic coatings are nice, but something additional would be nice. At the very least some mounting brackets so I could build a heat shield in addition to the coating. Anything to reduce heat soak.

klue

Spoke to Kris basically we need to get a number together for him to price out. Zerodrift You do not need any other heat shields besides the OEM one that bolts to the turbo and manifold not to the downpipes. The downpipe heat sheilds are not required. Also DO NOT heat wrap these pipes or any downpipe for that matter for it will void any type of warranty and lead to premature failure.

Making a list. Please let me know if corrections need to be made. IF your on the list this is your word people.

1. ZeroDrift - st165, , wideband o2
2. Jonah_3sgte - st165, EGT bung wideband o2
3. Anoo21 - st165
4. John NK - st165

ZeroDrift

Are these going to be a bellmouth downpipe, or is this going to be a potential restriction to the waste gate by forcing the bypassed exhaust to have two 90° bends before joining with the rest of the downpipe?

klue

Not exactly sure what you mean by a bell mouth design.
There are 0 90's in this design, that's why I like it. By using 3 inch pipe your pretty constricted as to what you can do without running into clearance issues. But with 2.5 you have a lot more room to make gradual bends.

Spoke to Kris, there are 2 pipes ready to ship. The rest we can order up approx 3-4 week production time.

ZeroDrift

klue":26zi7oi0 said:
Not exactly sure what you mean by a bell mouth design.
There are 0 90's in this design, that's why I like it. By using 3 inch pipe your pretty constricted as to what you can do without running into clearance issues. But with 2.5 you have a lot more room to make gradual bends.

Spoke to Kris, there are 2 pipes ready to ship. The rest we can order up approx 3-4 week production time.

What I am referring to is the section that bolts to the turbo itself. Below is a picture of the different types of turbo mounting designs.

downpipe.jpg

The blank design on the left is where the exhaust from the wastegate has to make a sharp turns to continue down the exhaust. This is restrictive and oftentimes can actually interfere with the wastegate opening fully. Anything else is ideal honestly so long as the wastegate doesn't vent to the atmosphere.

Dracov

I have one of these on my old engine and they are definitely a bellmouth design. No restrictions at all to speak of in it and the wastegate should be able to open fully without hitting anything. It really is a high quality item