Its that time (PICS R UP)

Talk about the other Celica models

Postby chaos_cascade » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:16 pm

Sweet. Put the race up on YOUTUBE so we can all see it. Hell if its in Fresno I just may go. :smokes:
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
chaos_cascade
Club Member

Re: Its that time (PICS R UP)

Postby raygo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:45 am

Nice job on the engine swap. My current engine is the 5sfe, with the front seals going, so I was thinking of getting another engine built and swapped in would you guys want to help me?? I am in the SoCal neighborhood.

How long did it take and what all will i need to get.

Thanx
Ray G
raygo

Postby New Guy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:07 pm

This is interesting to see... I'm going to be putting a 5s into a 2wd Camry before too much longer... I've got that crappy Camry trans, so I prefer to have the torque of a 5s over the ability to rev of a 3s- but the later-model Rav4 engines were forged crank, right? Mine is cast, so any 5s is an upgrade.

I didn't know you could get better performance out of a 3s block than a 5s block this way... Interesting read.
Proud owner of an ESV220x.
New Guy
Club Member

Postby celicaGTS_T » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:16 am

I mainly did it because it was cheap and available, and plus is a slightly smaller engine making nearly the same numbers power wise... and if I still had the photo of both manifolds side-by-side, the 5s is about 3-inches longer with the same runner length. Injectors, I found out, are roughly the same cc's, so no power gain there.
celicaGTS_T
Club Member

Previous

Return to FWD Celica