Tubasteve - **update** 10-3-2015 -new pictures

tubasteve

along came a clutch, and then...

i pulled my motor to do a basic clutch, bought the rear main seal thinking it would be a good idea....from 800 ish to well i thnk im upto 2000 before the engine build now.

clutch and fly was $744
rear main seal and plate gasket $30
all factory timing stuff, tbelt water pump seals ect. $197
head gasket $250 with arp studs
completed bottom end build........NO idea as the guy just got it today. he is the local builder for trd -baja. i honestly dont mind spending the money, but this all started with a clutch

long story short, did the timing belt back in july and NOTHING under the timing covers were leaking...every seal, water pump and bearing is BAD. lol i always tell my customers that this happens. it all started with i got a wild hair and wanted to look and see how everything looked under there cause the cover was wet. turned out the two cam seals i didnt touch or have issues were coming out. then i thought time to install the cames, shoot having those off might as well pull the head for the mls head gasket. called my machine guy..."why not do the pistons and rods ect" all i see is nothing in my hand....money and car. and here i was to be getting a house. :cry:

well the st215 motor will not be used.

tubasteve

until i can get a car going im a little stuck. my very rare of a swap accord was totaled last night with a 50' rv. guy comes into my lane as im locked up and just takes her out. after the 10k in motor and work IVE done, im very upset. my girl was more upset when she found out. called the builder and told him two cars in peices and one....well totaled. orderd pistons today he said so hopfuly i can start again monday as the huge bills stock up.

tubasteve

DID not realize i hadnt posted on here after i finished the minor build.
running 9.0:1 mahle pistons
262 cams
i think its a 96 camry pump.
exedy stage 2, 3 puk clutch with fi. fly wheel.

i will give a full run down with pictures tomorrow, currently waiting on the 50trim turbo and some parts

tubasteve

#deleted pix links as they are no longer good...#

this is some pictures from my engine rebuild project. bent the down pipe when off roading.(using the car)

this shows the center feed issue when i pulled the turbo off. cyl 2&3 showing lean...

getting tired of people wanting to street race, and dont want to hack up the dash(near perfect) and having issues turning the wheel with the gauge pod in the way.

the front mout was great looking and worked well, but where i drive it took too long to cool at times, and is huge and bolted up with minor mods

ill post the pictures from my blue berry in a min.

tubasteve

tons of photos...i will resize later

the trip

the guarges i changed spots(still finishing)

right before my clutch let go.

stopped to see what was the matter with the exhaust

pulled the einge in 2 hours 5mins 36 sec.s

the reason she came apart
]

all side by side
]

old vs new
g]

then came the oil pump
]

then my machine guy came by and said "you have your head off...." 550 later for the mahle pistons

new head gasket

the all famus everyone takes this shot

and this one

six attempts later

tell me what else?

tubasteve

bumping back to top, as ive started again, this time the right way. thanks, sorry for the false boner that i did do this

tubasteve

Here is my first picture post of old stuff after finding photo bucket

mahle.jpg

Test...more to come.
-jr

tubasteve

How my car currently sits while i an at work
20120223_112853.jpg

The stuff piled inside while i was moving (everything was put in with care)
20120223_112822.jpg

Bumper is fine.
20120223_112812.jpg

After going through car project threads here i decided it was time i start up again.....my car has been non-OP for under a year, and i have never been happy with the status my car was in when i finished. granted, it ran strong, looked like do do....here is the start of My project again....this time cleaning is where i will start....

20120224_173858.jpg

20120224_173840.jpg

20120224_181839.jpg

20120224_173833.jpg

After 2 hours of scrubbing....i came to realize something. The paint here was shot.

20120224_181751.jpg

tubasteve

The reason my engine is out.....again. My black one had a bad knocking when i bought it, so....i put the engine in the black car for short term.....been almost a year....in Cali if you didnt know...non op a car, to reop you need smog. So I'm making a smog lgl engine for both.
Anyways

2011-04-09155702-1.jpg

88gt4DE

Keep us posted , wish I had the funds to rock two ... Maybe someday I can build another one :roll:

tubasteve

I am planning on a third, has to be 93....& white, no repaints from another color.....going to be hard, but i got luck with the three i have bought.88 white, 90 red, 90 black.

tubasteve

Yard run....
20120227_161603.jpg

i know about the valves just not in the picture, with also doing the abs delete im working on different brake upgrades between the two i have right now. Im setting up st205 fronts on this spindle, doing minor testing onthe rears also for the hub change to 5x114.7 for wheel options and brake discs that work out of the box as well.

Ill be posting my updates as they go.

tubasteve

At work, but what i did yesterday.

before:
20120228_173209.jpg

after pressure wash
20120228_181856.jpg

fix some holes tonight and pull the harness as well.
-jr

tubasteve

while waiting on my engines to get started/done i started onto other features on the car.
this is a 5x100 hub to the rav4 hub ive been talking about:

with the supra rotor on, people have had issues with the rotors needing a hub centering kepper, id like to point out the stock celica rotor moves A LOT! compared to the rav4 hub and supra rotor.

celica rotor and hub:click for video of hub play

rav4 hub and supra rotor: click for video of hub play

neat huh? after all the "needs a hub center" not saying you dont, but kinda neat to see st185 stocks, vs my hopefully new setup.

more to come:

or

i have two alltracs, so i am trying multipul ideas.

also working on the rears, just no pictures of this yet.

CMS-GT4

In the video it looks like the holes for the studs are larger on that tt rotors? Is it really loose?

robolt

If you have a minute could you take a couple of measurements?

What is the difference in outside diameter of the ST185 and rav4 hubs?

Curious to know if my rotor hats would fit over the rav4 hubs.

thanks..
......robert

tubasteve

ill do tomorrow morning and check, its at my shop, im waiting on the rear hubs as well, not for the rav4 though, make that clear.