Hub Project to make us wheel options (5/100 to 114.3)

tubasteve

soooooooooooooo, been looking stuff up for over 5 stight hours to rethink the rear hub idea i did have, and well, i wouldnt say stumbled upon what i found. ive order what apears by all the specs through multipul supliers and such, from hub, bearing and the rotor to still work with the 205 brakes with little to no modification.
-jr

im going to order first and show later.

:shoots: i had a entire rear 205 hub setup i could have tested this on last year....until i moved i threw it all away. if anyone has a rear end they want to sell so i dont want to take mine off...(yet).

jr

lumbercis

Looking forward to seeing your results.

Agree with CMS, if anyone comes up with a proven method for front or rear just drop it in the FAQ section. There's likely more than one way to skin a cat here.

Good luck!
J.

tubasteve

Using stock bearings front and rear, hub is good front, rotor as well....i don't have wheels to test:cry: also ordered rear hubs.

tubasteve

alltracshoak":10bf1gjk said:
Hope this comes along..ill have to sell my porsche brake it for this if this work out all around
why?
You could buy the 06 Sti rotors cause same specs, just different lug pattern.
-jr

CMS-GT4

The center bore is too small for the sti rotors. If you get 2 piece then you can get the center bore machined out to fit the new hub. In that case sti rotors are a good choice.

CMS-GT4

Which is meant for a 185 hub. If you switch to the rav4 hub then it is 62mm where the sti is 56.1. Alltrac is 54.1. So to use sti rotors on the rav4 5x114 hub, the hub bore needs to be enlarged.

temperacerguy

OK, just need new rings. No problem. In fact, thicker and stronger stock! Or as you said, have the hats machined with smaller hub pattern

Thanks for the heads up.

tubasteve

so true, been a while since i've looked, i just remember them being the same specs from 04-06/07, just the bolt pattern being different.

im going with supra front rotors, not sure now on the rear.

IF you use the stock brakes only to change the hub size i have all the numbers appear to be bolt on, with rotors. im still waiting on my rear hub to show. problem is, i dont have wheels as these.

heads up on the rear hub, it will also be a 62mm hub....

CMS-GT4

So Steve, the front rotor you are using is the 296mm version? I think some lexus models share that rotor.

tubasteve

i will be using on my red car the supra, 323x30thick, with hub of 62, and hight of 50. the 205 brakes used a 315x32x55hub x 59 high. people are talking of using the 4.8, or what ever spacer. with the supra rotors, it will be easy. to do a brake job(in front only as of now. just get 96 tt supra pads and rotors without using spacers behind the rotor, and still clear ball joint.

THE SUPRA ROTOR WILL NOT WORK WITH THE 205 CALIPER EASILY!!!! MAKE THIS CLEAR AS GLASS

and as far as the rotor, have many options, just need the rear hub to show so i can order.

-jr

ill share my findings once this is done, i just dont want egg on my face.

CMS-GT4

Yeah, if your using the 323mm rotors, I am not sure how you can do this with out a caliper bracket with 205 calipers. 307mm is the tallest they can fit on the 185 spindle. That is one reason I am still kicking around the rav4 spindle since I can fit 330+ mm rotors.I am sorta leaning on smaller rotors to save on some unsprung weight. There is a good chance I am using svx rotors and getting the hub bored down to to suit their 58mm center bore.

tubasteve

i had a 344 rotor on there today, the talk of 330 rotor putting it into the "stock location" well...i did a REALLY quick mock up to see if with the 344 if it would allow....and it still doesnt, or if it does, it will be tight. im doing my caliper mounting 100% custom. like 'user666' idea. year your modifiing the caliper, BUT there wuold make more options as the caliper doesnt fit will stock anyways.

back to the hub project....lol

CMS-GT4

Are you using 205 pads or supra pads. I heard the supra pads might be thicker, but I have not been able to compare them. I have a new set of supra pads I will be using.

tubasteve

check this out.....with stock brakes....well kinda, is 100% bolt on. ill hopefully put this into the "faq" section....

it has 06 tl wheels, with the stock brake calipers, and special(its going to blow your mind what rotors i used.

20120310_182637.jpg

:eek:wned:

underscore

if this is fairly cheap and I can do this + the Porsche brake conversion then I can finally buy rims AND have a much easier time getting rotors. Please tell us soon!