How hard to get to spark plugs on an ST205

tankd0g

I'm going ST205 shopping soon, armed with my compression tester. I've never actually seen under an ST205 hood in person, is it a big deal to get to the spark plugs or do you have to drain the inter cooler to move it?

aus jd 2703

I would assume with the 205 hard inter cooler water pipes you would have to drain the inter cooler and disconnect it. On my 185 conversion I just un bolt it and move it as I use heater hose for the water lines.

tankd0g

aus jd 2703":2vkyy5y2 said:
I would assume with the 205 hard inter cooler water pipes you would have to drain the inter cooler and disconnect it. On my 185 conversion I just un bolt it and move it as I use heater hose for the water lines.

Well that's going to make things a little more difficult, thanks for the info.

Meurz

You don't need to drain it, just undo the bolts holding it onto the engine and tilt it over to the right when standing in front of the car. It's a closed system with flexi hoses so there is a fair bit of movement possible to access the plugs.

tankd0g

Meurz":38c5mcb9 said:
You don't need to drain it, just undo the bolts holding it onto the engine and tilt it over to the right when standing in front of the car. It's a closed system with flexi hoses so there is a fair bit of movement possible to access the plugs.

I hope that's true on all of them, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

klue

Tankdog where have you been!

Yea like everyone saying take off the couplers, and unbolt the IC you can tip it over and get to the plugs with the right combination of extensions. Remember the wires are in a plastic case, so you have to unbolt that and not break it lol