LegacyofDan's 4 ST165s: gruesome guts NSFW :P

Wicked Toys

I want this n your inspired table someday. Looks great Dan.

DSCN3830.jpg

LegacyofDan

GT4times2":3d2lmhdo said:
I'm loving the tables. They're really cool!! Great job on them. I love the Celi too (as you aLready know). Nice pics, as usual. :notworthy: I'd love to see the other Alltracs.

Thanks man :) I put a fair amount of effort in the motor one, the crank shaft one was just the product of an hours worth of boredom and spare parts.
Indeed but thanks for the kind words regardless :)
Well due to my present situation, they are all sitting...sadly.
but hopefully something we are working may allow me to get back in my hobby with full force soon.

05christj":3d2lmhdo said:
LegacyofDan":3d2lmhdo said:
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/legacyofdan8/DSC00956.jpg[img]
[/quote]

I'm loving this car its beautiful.[/quote]

Thank you very much, i <3 her too her.

[quote="88gt4DE":3d2lmhdo"]So , how are the rods connected to the head ? Also any rubber cushion between the piston heads and glass ? Just curious .... :D[/quote]

Well to be honest that is only 90% done, i am waiting on my bud at the laser cutting shop to get back to me with brackets, once he does, two brackets will be off from the exhaust manifold and hold on to the rods, and then on the other side the rob bolts fit snuggly in the injector holes.
well the pistons are softer than the glass, therefore they dont scratch it...but due to my easily excitable dog i do plan to put something between the pistons and glass but i do not want to take away from the viewing pleasure of everything with something obnoxious

[quote="pintoBC_5sfte":3d2lmhdo"]really tho! AWESOME COFFEE TABLE![/quote]

Thanks man :)

[quote="DeeCee":3d2lmhdo"]nice coffee table. Must be a bitch to move though[/quote]

thank you :)
actually that glass is the second heaviest thing there lol...
take off the glass, and then exhaust manifold(with turbo attached) which is only held in by two nuts for ease of taking apart, and it is more than enough for a motor that just sits, and then 4 hand tight head bolts and everything is a one person lift job even with my dorky little boy build. now with how it sits now, it is very heavy lol.

[quote="wakkjobb":3d2lmhdo"]You need more car-related stuff; I'll send some Honda posters to you soon.

Hill Climb![/quote]

What is this word you speak of, "car"?
lol i actually have a "honda performance" flag in my laundry room hanging, for my appreciation of the NSX and my guilty affair lust for a non molested s2k....and for the fact that we have a Honda accord with its original motor(OEM: head, block, pistons, rings, rods, crank, rob/main bearings, head gasket, valve train in a complete generalized sense everything motor wise all OEM and never once replaced) with over 410K miles on it, and i think its getting closer to 420K i will take a pic for ya dan. The only thing that failed on it that was a big deal parts, was the transfer case.

[quote="Wicked Toys":3d2lmhdo"]I want this n your inspired table someday. Looks great Dan.

[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k219/Wonsdloc/Temp/DSCN3830.jpg[img][/quote]

funny you say that cause i have a friend that wants to do that to a boxer a motor too, shortly after i sent him a pic of my table, but we can not figure how to make it a boosted boxer motor coffee table lol

GT4times2

LegacyofDan":15irp6ml said:
GT4times2":15irp6ml said:
I'm loving the tables. They're really cool!! Great job on them. I love the Celi too (as you aLready know). Nice pics, as usual. :notworthy: I'd love to see the other Alltracs.

Thanks man :) I put a fair amount of effort in the motor one, the crank shaft one was just the product of an hours worth of boredom and spare parts.
but hopefully something we are working may allow me to get back in my hobby with full force soon.

OK. I'd love to see the others too. If you have a blue one you want to get rid of, let me know. I'm looking for a blue one (Nostalgic thing.. MY first Alltrac was blue, and it was stolen after putting quite a bit of work in her :( ). Keep us updated!

CMS-GT4

Cool table man. BTW: I am almost done with my studio, so I can get your shirt made in the near future.

wakkjobb

You messed up a little; it should say "3SGE table with turbo" as the 3SGTEs are boosted and the 3SGEs are lame-ish.

That is all.

:twisted:

LegacyofDan

GT4times2":19vmqb1r said:
LegacyofDan":19vmqb1r said:
GT4times2":19vmqb1r said:

OK. I'd love to see the others too. If you have a blue one you want to get rid of, let me know. I'm looking for a blue one (Nostalgic thing.. MY first Alltrac was blue, and it was stolen after putting quite a bit of work in her :( ). Keep us updated!

Well actually yeah i do still have the blue one...and i may be willing to sell it, just a matter of me getting the title..still do not have that, and i refuse to sell a car with out a title...and never buying a car with out a title again...ever. *face palm*

CMS-GT4":19vmqb1r said:
Cool table man. BTW: I am almost done with my studio, so I can get your shirt made in the near future.

Thanks man :)
woohoo! i am excited!

alternate.eago":19vmqb1r said:
The tables are pretty boss. Also, not having a garage anymore sucks doesn't it. :p (Don't worry, I don't have one either)

Thanks bud! :)
yes, indeed it does suck, substantially. :/

wakkjobb":19vmqb1r said:
You messed up a little; it should say "3SGE table with turbo" as the 3SGTEs are boosted and the 3SGEs are lame-ish.

That is all.

:twisted:

Well since i do not have any fuel injectors on my coffee table it is only a 3s-GT.
read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toyota_engines
:p

LegacyofDan

I know i do not post or frequent here as often as i once did; i am sorry; but figure i should let you guys know....red car's motor did kick the bucket, now i have a motor for night stand HAH!...but yeah, there are chunks of block on my skid plate...so yeah it is DEAD DEAD...but i shall rebuild her...just my situation is not very viable for it at the moment so it will take some time. but i work at least 65 hours and some times 75 hours a week. So i am making the money necessary for building this car back up. But it will take some time.

assembling a parts list for plans for Scarlet....

wakkjobb

I will donate whatever parts I can... the secret Charlotte is at my shop while le wifey is in Ireland. What do you need, make a list and let me know so I can scour the junkyards for ya. PA has no good yards from what I remember; we have the goods here in sunny no-humidity Colorado.

Hook that bitch UP!!!

>>Dan

edit: ridiculous thought... can the 5S longblocks work with 3S uppers? If so, I'll give you my 170k '88 short block in a Philly minute. I'll build a 5S block to fit to my 3S upper if needed. See why you should move to Colorado??? Damn!

GT4times2

LegacyofDan":jo2w6fbg said:
I know i do not post or frequent here as often as i once did; i am sorry; but figure i should let you guys know....red car's motor did kick the bucket, now i have a motor for night stand HAH!...but yeah, there are chunks of block on my skid plate...so yeah it is DEAD DEAD...but i shall rebuild her...just my situation is not very viable for it at the moment so it will take some time. but i work at least 65 hours and some times 75 hours a week. So i am making the money necessary for building this car back up. But it will take some time.

assembling a parts list for plans for Scarlet....

Bummer!! How many miles did she have? At least from your thread and pics, one can see how you much enjoyed your car. That's what's important. A rebuild or replacement would be in the cards sooner or later.

Just throwing it out there, I have a built first gen motor I may sell. If interested you can PM me. I was going to post it in the Classified section in a few weeks. Let me know, if you're interested or just want details.

Terracar

Oh damn Dan, that sucks. Well I feel you on the slowly being put back together. BTW if you want I have a gen2 block sitting in my garage. You can have it for the shipping cost. It will get back together in a little while.

LegacyofDan

the three of you guys are properly awesome! thank you for all the offers, this is why i love this community, the brotherhood of us all always brings a smile to my face!
but i have all the bits i need, as much as i love collecting parts, all the parts i have are sadly more of an inconvenience at the moment than of help.

but i do have a very pristine 2nd gen waiting to be built up north with all my other alltrac bits that i have not seen in literally over 6 months now(longer probably)...and the other white alltrac and the blue one, i have not seen in ALMOST a year now...sigh...

i am almost done deciding on my build...planning mid 400's with a single scroll EFR 6758. that will keep me plenty happy with the car...anything more just seems silly to me.
saving up all my pennies, even checking under the couch cushions :p

but yeah i may start selling parts too, i have a lot of them to sell...so yeah... just a matter of getting my paws back on my stuff.

wakkjobb

LegacyofDan":cihoah8v said:
I am almost done deciding on my build...planning mid 400's with a single scroll EFR 6758. that will keep me plenty happy with the car...anything more just seems silly to me.

...so a low-power build?

There's an 87 GTS at the local yard I may see about pulling the intake from; since it's side-feed and all that TVIS stuff.

Charlotte needs here sister Sacrlett to come for a visit! And I need to find out what's up with the AFM or whatever; she won't rev past 2500-3000 even when warmed up. I need to refresh my 165 files...

LegacyofDan

Wow it has been a while since i last posted here.....

So my new daily is no other than a RED miata:
DSC06699_zps3e09fcfc.jpg

but if you look in the distance you can see my new AW11 and good ol' whitney
and if anyone cares pulsar is in the back...

Now i finally once more have a garage and seriously I actually feel happy and content in life once more:
DSC06688_zps83a21b47.jpg

DSC06692_zps49c1308a.jpg

DSC06693_zpsc6d8d3a0.jpg

DSC06693_zpsc6d8d3a0.jpg

DSC06694_zps5ac9069e.jpg

DSC06695_zps832d62d5.jpg

DSC06696_zpsb94cee52.jpg

DSC06697_zps49fdd8b4.jpg

DSC06698_zpsdd092843.jpg

And this is the remains of Scarlets old motor...

2013-06-15_00-48-18_362_zps937c632e.jpg

How i pulled the motor out from under Scarlet lol:

d981d140-1064-4ad7-9695-4642123da8aa_zps7c679ae6.jpg

But yeah with that being said, I am trying to sell off alot of my spare alltrac parts, you guys know better than most i have AMPLE spares....so please feel free to ask, and i will try my best to check up on here more often...secondly i am hoping this weekend to photo graph a lot of individual parts for sale, prices will be cheap(unless its a high demand item)

Lamont

Congrats on the new garage Dan nice :D . Good to see things turning for the better, you deserve it. Let me know if you need a helping hand getting Scarlet back up and running, I'm always willing to help for beef and beer :rofl: