Tubasteve - **update** 10-3-2015 -new pictures

darthripley

interested to see you go through with the 5x114.3 hub conversion w/Supra brakes.
i'm considering doing something similar on down the road mainly due to the lack of proper width/offset in 5x100 rims.

what hubs are you using for the rears?

tubasteve

wire.png

Teaser post, I've been working a lot on testing it in the computer. All the drawing takes time for me. That's supra rotor mocked up to half spindle. I'll be finishing it tomorrow. Decided to watch start wars 5 instead.
-jr

tubasteve

darthripley":377o07we said:
interested to see you go through with the 5x114.3 hub conversion w/Supra brakes.
i'm considering doing something similar on down the road mainly due to the lack of proper width/offset in 5x100 rims.

what hubs are you using for the rears?

When hub shows, and installed, you will know.

I can hardly wait, if Toyota didn't want 272(I think) per hub....

tubasteve

Spindle for used hub.....

20120309_102018.jpg

These use the same size/part number parking shoes. The rotor will fit stock.

And let's you adjust the rear brake.
20120309_103227.jpg

And... "new 5x114.3" on left, stock hub right.
20120309_103234.jpg

Also a treat that was dropped off to me yesterday. St205 Trans:

20120309_093926.jpg

-jr

darthripley

must be either a rx330 or highlander for the rears & then i'm guessing rav4's up front?
using supra turbo calipers all around?

i've often wondered if ls400 calipers could be used w/a 5x114 hub conversion. :shrug:

tubasteve

dont worry or guess, im mounting tomorrow with a disc, and youll be told

supra calipers...eh thought about it....ls400 caliper mount funky.

ls400.jpg

thats later model sc

tubasteve

dear rant reader:

please understand my way i feel about telling everyone, not wanting to sound rude. i spent several hours, money and again hours of my time measuring cehcking, comparing......like my wife is upset so much :evil: luckly she understands. BUT, the parts needed and my time are costing me money. i want this to be 100% right. i am getting your pm's/emails. just wait as i will report back as soon as i test it out tomorrow. i just priced out tires for my 16" rims on my supra that i can try and use.....but until then, it will only be a mock up. it will be able to use:

it will be new hub, rotor that fits st185 caliper, and still use the parking brake 100%...

i know im as excited as you are, trust me, i have the parts, but i need time away from the car...and seeing my wife(newly wed wife). we got married on 3-19-2011......and i kinda blew her off about what we are doing.....like just all wrapped up.

and your right, i could just tell you what i used, but ive learned, i want to be able to show a finished idea, not the step by step on this one.

-end of rant

tubasteve

ordered two rear rotors, and another front hub. and i also im trying to plead with the wife to order another rear hub...."let me see that the one you just ordered is going to work as it is"

my suppliers are on back order of these hubs so its making it hard, i have to buy complete spindles(not cheap) just to try this out

CMS-GT4

Since you are going through the trouble of doing the rear are you going to do a deep dish wheel on the back?