Project CMS

athousandleaves

Awesome work on the lip so far!

Have you thought about using the 12V at the map light?
I've been meaning to look into how to get some power up there as I'd really like to install an auto-dimming mirror.
Maybe by switching to interior LED lights you won't pop the fuse.

CMS-GT4

I am not sure. I know my dome light turns on without the key, just by pressing the button. So its a constant voltage.

Here is more loose test fits with the lip. There is a whole in the fender and a whole in the lip that I lined up. It does leave the lip a little long on the rear and would need to be trimmed. Fitment is good at this angle though. I will test and see how things fit by using the whole lip then I will decide which method to setup my mounting. Once I mount it, I will figure out my trim points then I can prep it for paint.

photo210o.jpg

CMS-GT4

So I am trying to sort out my washer pump. I just pulled it to test it, and it works. So I need to figure out why its not firing when I pull the lever for it. Once I get this sorted then I can put my underplastic on and fit my lip.

I also painted my jack railings flat black.
photoncj.jpg

CMS-GT4

So I have been working hard on my studio and its almost done. My business is going to be the priority in my life once its finished. I did work on the car some today.
So for some reason my pump is not getting power. The plug is connected properly. I need to figure out where this could be interrupted. I had to take a wheel off to get to it, so since it was off I went ahead and put my summer wheels back on. I think I am getting the lip sorted out.

I decided I am going to try and fit the whole side length of the lip. My concern is where it rounds instead of squares at the wheel well. I used my dremel to grind it out some. I am just doing a little at a time since I can not add material. There is not a lot of material to drill through and I do not want to mess up my bumper so I am working on my attachment solution. I am using some double sided tape, but I am also going to fasten in some places. I want to be able to remove it for winter so I am measuring twice before drilling.

photo113l.jpg

photo36gr.jpg

photo52a.jpg

photo44y.jpg

CMS-GT4

I am still on the fence for cutting it short or leaving it long. I might mess with it some tomorrow.
Its going to rain the next few days and I will be busy this weekend so I pulled my dash again.

I want to add a second ground to my radio.
I ran the wires for my radar detector. I found I could put the wire under the top door plastic/leather the run under the dash. It was long enough to reach my main power junction I built.
I need to push my cigarette lighter back in.
I sanded and painted the scuffs I made on my center plastic when I was hauling my new tires.
I am going to make some sort of cover for my boost controller. While the center is out, I am going to shampoo the rest of my carpet.
I also got the rest of my missing door screws and connectors installed.
I also found my temp sensor for the heat system was unplugged, so that is sorted now.

photouvqv.jpg

CMS-GT4

Since I have the dash out I am doing all the things I need to get done in there. I cleaned the whole carpet in the car. I also fixed my stuck passenger seat. There was a screw stuck in the track and the cable under neath the seat came unhooked. I also made my new din cubby. I had a 6th gen pocket but it does not work with an aftermarket radio. I could had used it as was, but I needed to take off the surround bezel from the radio if I wanted to open it. I was going to make a door for my other cubby, then I realized I just needed to trim the door some. I used the diamond cutter I bought for my front lip and rigged up some of a straight method for cutting. Straight enough anyhow. Now I can use this cubby. I just need to cut some holes in the back for the boost controller and done.

photo1um.jpg

photo2fk.jpg

photo3ue.jpg

CMS-GT4

Everything is installed back. I added a second ground to the radio, now there is no hint of noise over the speakers.
Can't even tell I have a boost controller in there.

photoxjf.jpg

Landon

That looks way good man. I'm jealous cause second gear pulls tend to send whatever i have in my cubby flying. Lol.

CMS-GT4

Thanks, I think it makes a big difference. I am now trying to decide to either find some decent cf hood/headlight trim or wrap mine in some CF vinyl or something.

temperacerguy

CMS-GT4":2pkk9g5e said:
Thanks, I think it makes a big difference. I am now trying to decide to either find some decent cf hood/headlight trim or wrap mine in some CF vinyl or something.

I am about to cover mine in real carbon fiber. I should be doing it in about 2-3 weeks. If you like the way mine come out, I could do it for you as well.

CMS-GT4

Sure, keep me posted. This might be a better option. I am curious how it will look next to the clear corners.

CMS-GT4

I got the rear strut bar installed today. Its not too bad to take out if I ever need to carry anything large.

photowch.jpg

monkracing29

Yea i like his car I met him up at SIUE a few weeks ago seems like a good guy his 204 is clean though i love it haha cant wait till he has a 3s in it
my cars close to be running i think we are waiting on some exhaust stuff then we can put the turbo in i think it might have to much play in it but we are just going to put it in and try it out i wont be able to drive it for a while though I hate illinois :bangshead: :bangshead: :bangshead:

CMS-GT4

Make sure the turbo is good. Its not fun picking blades out of your intercooler.
I got my exhaust bracket welded today. While they were there they saw there was an issue with my midpipe connector and fixed that. I think this might have been the source of the noise I sometimes get when I back up. I am going to keep and eye on it, and see if the sound returns.
I sort of dig this retro celica emblem, but I think I am going to just end up taking the easy way out and putting a toyota emblem back on there.
DSC02223.jpg

monkracing29

I have one of these if you like this one I know it says supra on it but heres the picture and I hope that it does fix your problem on that rattling

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 3,118

Droptop93

CMS-GT4":3rhmj69m said:

3m 1080 scotchprint cf vinyl best there is as far a vinyl that doesn't look fake.