difference between sw20 mr2 harness and alltrac?

jensenni1

I have a 1992 celica alltrac engine and wondering the difference between the sw20 and alltrac harnesses. I have both but the alltrac harness is cut to hell so before I molest the other harness I was wondering if any one could do a conversion writeup. Or just point me in the right direction so that I can get my baby movin.

temperacerguy

There are many many differences due to the different locations of the fuse boxes and ECU...

The best you can do is use the SW20 harness as parts to fix yours, or send your harness out for repair.

800 is about the price that Toyota charged for a new harness. Problems with harness is that the MR2 has its alternator where the alltrac has its PS pump so that harness is too short. The main harness to
the ECU is also longer on the alltrac.

KORacing

The MR2 harness and ecu locations are completely different. There is a lot of location changes in the engine bay for various components, how the AC system works, where the harness passes into the passenger compartment (trunk in the SW20), etc. The only real option you have in my opinion is reparing the 185 harness or getting another used one in decent shape.

I'd be happy to take a look at your harness if you could post pics of the "damage". I've restored a couple of 88 harnesses for people using some cut up donors I have ($400-500 or so each). I probably have a 205 harness around here from a swap too that I could use as a donor for some of the stuff on your 185.

My electronics background: 6 years of electronics assembly full time working my way through college -- everything from winding transformers to soldering ultrasound cables under a microscope.