Blitz Access ECU

Hotrodhendrix

I have one of these for my st185. How do I find out exactly what mine was set up for?? I know the blitz for the st205 has maps for up to 1.5 bar. Anyone know what this can handle?

Any info on this will be great.

Thnx,
James

Hotrodhendrix

not if its for the correct year. Its a stock computer that has been vastly upgraded so the pins are all the same. 90-91/92-93/st-205 are the different years the ecu's changed.

slicksic

What about this blitz ecu, advertised to fit MR2(LATE 91-93) and ST185 (LATE 91-93)? I was under the impression that the mr2 and st185 had different pinouts..

Hotrodhendrix

slicksic":3rk1n6xl said:
What about this blitz ecu, advertised to fit MR2(LATE 91-93) and ST185 (LATE 91-93)? I was under the impression that the mr2 and st185 had different pinouts..

Not that I know of. Should be a direct swap.

Hotrodhendrix

syko says":175y2dtv said:
Hotrodhendrix":175y2dtv said:
How do I find out exactly what mine was set up for??

In a recent ebay listing, it says that it has maps up to 17 psi.. I'll link it once i find it.

here we go

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25871

then to

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLITZ-ACCESS-ECU- ... dZViewItem

Hmm so 17psi on there and 18psi on the other uk link I posted... I tend to lean toward the 17psi but who knows... I may just have to do some testing on mine once shes up and running.

Fourplay

Not seen a definitive answer regarding this ECU, but I would say there is a very real possibility that each unit was tuned for the customer's specific setup.

gt4rcdude

I just bought an early 90 blitz access and it runs fine in my 90 alltrac/gt4. No engine codes and the a/c works fine. I have my chargecooler hardwired to a relay that runs it on high all the time whenever the ignition is on. From what I've researched on the GT4OC, the blitz does not run the chargecooler pump.

I haven't had a chance to run the car yet as the hubs are at the machine shop being fitted with a big brake system. I look forward to getting some dyno time with the three ECU's I have. US, JDM and Blitz. I have an Innovate Motorsports wideband O2 sensor to adjust boost to the optimum AFR.

darthripley

gt4rcdude":37njx8b5 said:
I look forward to getting some dyno time with the three ECU's I have. US, JDM and Blitz. I have an Innovate Motorsports wideband O2 sensor to adjust boost to the optimum AFR.

Please post your dyno results once you get them, I'm very interested to see the different ECU's at varying psi levels.
there are some people who have compared different ECU's on mr2oc.com, but I would like to see them for an ST185 as well.

gt4rcdude

Installed the Blitz Access ECU today. It took it a while to get the AFR's to 14.7 at idle. I pretty much babied the car until it started running smoothly. The car runs leaner at lower boost pressures. At 5psi at partial throttle it's still running 14.7. At WOT and 15psi the AFR still hits a little over 10 in the upper rev range. I didn't get much seat time today but it feels like the midrange has improved. Before on the JDM ECU it would run 11ish AFR at 5psi even at light throttle. If you followed with a quick jab to WOT it would plummet below 10. I really need to get this thing on the dyno. I've heard the Blitz is tuned for 100 octane but Japan uses a different method of calculating it. I think 94 octane is the US equivalent. Of course I run 93. I need to get this thing on the dyno.

Hotrodhendrix

Please do. If you can get a pull with the blitz access and the jap ecu that would be a big help.

93-94 fuel is equal to 100 in japan.

Hotrodhendrix

Ok so after a decent amount of research on these units a few more facts have come to light.

Blitz actually released different versions of the Blitz Access ECU. These were not tuned for the specific original owners build. Standard Access ECU, Access II, Access PRO. Basically the standard access was a drop in for a stock like car. Access II and PRO came with Blitz kits. Now this info was from different makes and models and I have only found a K6 kit for the 3sgte which would have been Access PRO ECU.

In the past you were able to mail in your unit and pay to upgrade to which ever software version you wanted.
Of course I contacted Blitz on this and they replied:

"Hi James, the entire Blitz Access ECU range was discontinued at the end of 2004.
As we did not take over the UK Blitz distributorship until late 2006 we have no information on these units at all I'm afraid.
They were designed to plug into a standard car, the fuel and ignition being altered to create more power and torque, but it would cope with altered cams, exhaust and induction kits without a problem.
They are not able to be re-mapped, and the original part number on the Access ECU should match up perfectly with the standard ECU it is replacing."

It seems they quit making these once ECUs were commonly able to be flashed stock and a business problem caused the black out of info. Unfortunatly someone somewhere has the info but most likely no one will ever find it.

Some info was found here in which I contacted a few of the posters for clarity
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/sho ... Access-ecu

~James

MATT-S

I got loads of these ECU's if you want any details or specific pictures let me know. I have no idea how to pull a map off it though, I got some Mine's and buddy club and Sard as well, and a Tom's somewhere. Mine's will still do their ecu as long as you can supply them with an ECU to chip.

Hotrodhendrix

MATT-S":1yn50ql0 said:
I got loads of these ECU's if you want any details or specific pictures let me know. I have no idea how to pull a map off it though, I got some Mine's and buddy club and Sard as well, and a Tom's somewhere. Mine's will still do their ecu as long as you can supply them with an ECU to chip.

How did you get loads of all these old chipped ECU's? I think the info I have is correct. Anything that can be added that I missed or got incorrect just post it up. I do wish that they were still tunable though... Its a very interesting story as to how they "lost" the knowledge of tuning these haha.

~James