Brembos & 5x114.3?

underscore

tubasteve is working on a rotor that would fit with the Porsche adapter. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the dimensions involved so I can be of some help here. I have a feeling a 2004 G35 rotor would work with a spacer someplace, but I don't know enough to be sure. To compare:

1996 Rav4:
Brake Rotor/Disc Bore Diameter (mm): 62.04
Brake Rotor/Disc Initial Thickness (mm): 17.899999
Brake Rotor/Disc Outside Diameter (mm): 301.8
Brake Rotor/Disc Overall Depth (mm): 46.3

2004 Camry:
Brake Rotor/Disc Bore Diameter (mm): 62
Brake Rotor/Disc Initial Thickness (mm): 28
Brake Rotor/Disc Outside Diameter (mm): 275
Brake Rotor/Disc Overall Depth (mm): 49

2004 G35 Coupe:
Brake Rotor/Disc Bore Diameter (mm): 68
Brake Rotor/Disc Initial Thickness (mm): 30
Brake Rotor/Disc Outside Diameter (mm): 324
Brake Rotor/Disc Overall Depth (mm): 49

2004 STi:
Brake Rotor/Disc Bore Diameter (mm): 58
Brake Rotor/Disc Initial Thickness (mm): 30
Brake Rotor/Disc Outside Diameter (mm): 326
Brake Rotor/Disc Overall Depth (mm): 52.7

1992 Alltrac:
Brake Rotor/Disc Bore Diameter (mm): 54.14
Brake Rotor/Disc Initial Thickness (mm): 24.9
Brake Rotor/Disc Outside Diameter (mm): 276.899999
Brake Rotor/Disc Overall Depth (mm): 46.15

All measurements from Autozone.com, if you have a better source let me know.

So if I'm reading this right, the G35 rotors will fit with the Rav4 hub, a small spacer to move the caliper slightly, a new rotor alignment spacer, and the Brembo adapter brackets, while losing 2mm total diameter off the rotor? Or does that difference in overall depth mean my Brembo adapters will land the caliper in the wrong spot on the G35 rotor?

tubasteve

ive ordered my caliper, should be here today, or first thing in the morning.
-jr

edit************

they are out of stock at the moment.

underscore

I'm thinking of trying to contact brake rotor companies to see if their systems can search for a rotor based on our required parameters. So I'll need to know, what are the "ideal" dimensions of a rotor for us?

Would it be:
Brake Rotor/Disc Bore Diameter (mm): 62.04 (minimum) Rav4
Brake Rotor/Disc Initial Thickness (mm): 28-30 Boxter S
Brake Rotor/Disc Outside Diameter (mm): 326 STi
Brake Rotor/Disc Overall Depth (mm): 52.7 STi

Better dimensions:

2004 STi
..%5Cpart_images%5C12047019.jpg

1997 Rav4
..%5Cpart_images%5C12044111.jpg

2004 G35
..%5Cpart_images%5C12042076.jpg

2004 Camry
..%5Cpart_images%5C12044079.jpg

1992 Alltrac
..%5Cpart_images%5C12044065.jpg

underscore

tubasteve":12bdo1ro said:
ive ordered my caliper, should be here today, or first thing in the morning.
-jr

edit************

they are out of stock at the moment.

which caliper did you order? I don't have a spare hub to work with so it may take me a while to start aquiring parts.

tubasteve

I haven't ordered yet, I'm worrying about other problems right now as you know. As soon as i find what I'm looking for you will know.
-jr

RafaCalde

I see. Well I thank you for information. I'd like to make my own kit using another vehicles setup, something similar to what you're doing. I'll just have to figure that out myself as you are doing.

underscore

the easiest way will be what we're trying to do right here, but it all depends on how custom you're willing to go.

underscore

The Porsche Brembos seem to be the easiest to find, I think that's why they were chosen for the Brembo upgrade. STi or G35/350Z Brembos could be used as well (with a different adapter of course), however it's more widely known that these are Brembos, so the prices are higher (the Porsche ones only have some small lettering stating that they are Brembos, the STi ones have huge lettering IIRC). Plus a Boxter is less likely to be driven hard vs these other vehicles.

gtfourtc

just read through this thread, and thought i would do some searching for rotors to fit the larger hub bore of the 5x114.3 hubs.
here is a couple options,

this is the bmw e46 front rotor, size is really close to the sti rotor

also the lexus is350 rotor is close as well

underscore

I don't think either of those have the height we need. If I understand this right, then if the height is too big we simply need a spacer to bring it to the right place, and if it's too small we can't use it. But if I'm 100% wrong then those Lexus rotors might work. I totally forgot about Lexus, I'll have to look at more of those rotors.