JDM Fender template.

RyDaGriff

I'm really hoping that someone with JDM fenders could help me out. I have the fender signals and am trying to install them on my USDM fenders and obviously I want them to be fitted indentically to the JDM fenders. So I didn't know if someone would be willing to go out and get a roll of wrapping paper or something of similar size and make an actual template for me and then mail it to me. I would be willing to throw a few bucks someones way for their time.

I can't believe there isn't a jpeg set up with a templet for people to print off and take to Kinko's to have blown up already.

RyDaGriff

I feel like taking measurements leaves too much room for error. I can be a real perfectionist and would really want a template made. Thanks though. And I love the look of the lights but hate changing the bulbs.

RyDaGriff

very true towels, and the set that you got from Justin were actually mine at one point. I got them from a RC clip I got from Flashoptions.com. I sold them when I got out of the celica thing for a while yet here I am back again. LOL. I was actually going to send you a message later if I couldn't find anyone to make a template for me. So what do you say? Can I get a template of my old fenders assuming you still have them?...

RyDaGriff

Or did you get the fenders? I just looked at your project thread again and I swear I thought you had them but I didn't see them....

WarTowels

Sorry, missed this thread for a loooooong while.

I believe I have the fenders still. They are in storage but I can get them out relatively soon.

I could take measurements for you, but you'd have to build the template.

Actually, I don't want the fenders... shipping would be annoying though...

-Towels

toayoztan

Taking measurements leaves way too much room for error if not done properly.

I had one JDM fender, one USDM fender.

I tried using a string/cord length measurement, didn't work well.

What actually worked best was using a carpenter square/straight edge type deal, and using the attached side moulding as a point of reference. Worked out REALLY well. However, if this isn't on the fender, then not sure what to tell you.

What's tough is ensuring not only the correct placement grossly on the fender, but then making sure it is angled/rotated properly. After carefully measuring, then I just used a small wheel with a dremmel (took forever, but it worked well and is cleanly done).

In that last pic, you can see the square hole I made, versus the original OEM "pentagon" cutout on the JDM fender. It still works either way.

dsc2730u.jpg

dsc2750e.jpg

dsc3025g.jpg

Bryan

WarTowels

toayoztan":35awxxhg said:

This boils down to: If not done properly, you will have errors.

Which is pretty true for anything.

-Towels

toayoztan

WarTowels":2ga79yyz said:
toayoztan":2ga79yyz said:

This boils down to: If not done properly, you will have errors.

Which is pretty true for anything.

-Towels

Hah true, I meant properly as in measuring with the right method. A ruler won't cut it. A piece of string won't cut it.

Measuring the placement by using a template is better.

However, I measured with a straight edge. You have much more room for error, not as the above I mentioned.

There's just really no good reference points with these fenders at all, except the side moulding.

Bryan

fussellbug

Did anyone ever successfully make a template for these? I also want to add the side markers to my fenders and really want them as close as possible to original placement.