Electric tape/Engine harness

UtahSleeper

Simple question. Should most/all electrical tape be suited for the engine bay/harness. Hoping to rewrap the harness.

Thanks

spitfiremk16

I agree with 2of81. I have been rewrapping my own engine harness and I used 3m super 88. Same thing as super 33+ but it is a little thicker. These are the only two tapes I would use. Don't buy the cheap .79 cent stuff it will peel off in 6 months and you will be wishing you had used the good stuff.

CSAlltrac

Look up a product called self amalmigating tape, its amazing stuff. Nice and tidy, wont get gooey like standard electrical tape.

temperacerguy

CSAlltrac":vw06am1t said:
Look up a product called self amalmigating tape, its amazing stuff. Nice and tidy, wont get gooey like standard electrical tape.

ditto, it's also impervious to gasoline and water. Once you use it, you will never use electrical tape again.

l0ch0w

If you wanna roll like the big boys, I suggest some Raychem DR-25 Heat shrinkable tubing :)

Another option is friction tape which is used on alot of newer vehicles. AKA 3M 1755

UtahSleeper

Thanks for the input. I am going to use the 33 for now and when it comes time to rebuild an actual harness I am going to give one of the other options a shot.