oil cooler fittings

celi_wabbit

Does anyone know the size of the fittings for the oil cooler on the st185 transmission? I'm trying to replace my old rusted one with AN fittings.

alltracman78

They're metric, not standard.
There is a standard size that threads into it, but it doesn't seal [learned this the hard way :p].

I ended up flaring a short section of tubing on both ends. 1 end went into the fittings on the trans, the other end was for stanard thread barbed fittings.

ALLensTRAC

I purchased these fittings awhile ago. When I get home tonight I'll give you the specs for them. They are metric and use an O-ring that comes with the fittings. Off the top of my head they are 12x1.5 but don't quote me on that. Mine go into AN-10 but I'm thinking of going AN-6 or 8 so I don't get pressure drop through the cooler.
Allen

celi_wabbit

Thanks guys... and Allen, please let me know when you get a chance. I saw a few conversion fittings out there, I just was not sure of what metric size the tranny is. Also, do you remember where you purchased or going to?

Flor

ALLensTRAC

They are in fact 14x1.5 O-ringed fittings. What you would need to get would be 14x1.5 to AN-? whatever size you want your line to be. I got mine through a performance supply company but you can order them through Summit. The fittings I have are Russell's but Earls makes them too. They are pricey though as all AN stuff is. Also make sure they are equipped with the O-rings(Russell's fittings come with them). Hope this helps,
Allen

celi_wabbit

ALLensTRAC":1hof10l8 said:
They are in fact 14x1.5 O-ringed fittings. What you would need to get would be 14x1.5 to AN-? whatever size you want your line to be. I got mine through a performance supply company but you can order them through Summit. The fittings I have are Russell's but Earls makes them too. They are pricey though as all AN stuff is. Also make sure they are equipped with the O-rings(Russell's fittings come with them). Hope this helps,
Allen

Your right they are expensive, but I need them. Thanks for the info dude... now I can buy after market cooler bc mine is all rusted out.