Interior weight reduction

celigts

Wondering what things I could remove to reduce weight in the car. In the entire car.

I know the rear seats are a for sure but could removing the panels make it as they say. Unsafe lol. Or illegal? Or am I just being too optimistic

celigts

Personally won't remove anything to do with the sunroof. Lost my music lol plus with no ac I need more air flow :)

Seats are Sparco star seats so already have the stock logs removed. I want to remove the switches for the electric seats so would I just cut it out and close the lines or is there a more professional way.?

ccmo612

The spare tire if you haven't already. Unless your ready to tear out the carpet it sounds like you have gone as far as you want to. But the carpet and sound deadening is around 75lbs. After that point you have to start spending money to get lighter. Also remember one of the heaviest parts of a car are the people in it.

Rpz123isme

ccmo612":35gfauqw said:
The spare tire if you haven't already. Unless your ready to tear out the carpet it sounds like you have gone as far as you want to. But the carpet and sound deadening is around 75lbs. After that point you have to start spending money to get lighter. Also remember one of the heaviest parts of a car are the people in it.

well said......

Rpz123isme

Don't forget to do this :rofl:
images.jpg

celigts

Lmfao! That's the best weight reduction I've seen ;)

Removed the full audio from the amp harness to the deck and speaker boxes. Also removed the ac chiller behind the glove box.

Ghost1

i removed my spare tire, trunk carpet, car jack and tools, trunk paneling, rear seats and hardware, antenna motor, rear tweeters , rear speakers and hardware, front carpet, sound material, passenger seat, door paneling and system 10, glove box, center console + around the shifter and e brake, under dash driver paneling, hatch paneling and small window panels.

i didnt remove the soundroof paneling since it will get hot and it will block some of it away. i was hoping to drop 100 lbs with all this gone in my GTS.

Next is to replace the glass in the hatch and rear windows with something lighter.

celigts

Lmao! That's just a few things eh ;) I want to have aluminum paneling. I think it would look sick having it but I want atleast the hatch area caged. Looks sick!

celigts

Lol 5th gens came without ac! I need that piece lol. Sucked getting that thing out. Ended up breaking it a little :S

underscore

I still don't fully understand why they bother with a spare tire in an AWD car. I yanked mine out and got some plywood to put under the carpet & mount my meth kit to.

celigts":3l82mieb said:
Personally won't remove anything to do with the sunroof. Lost my music lol plus with no ac I need more air flow :)

Seats are Sparco star seats so already have the stock logs removed. I want to remove the switches for the electric seats so would I just cut it out and close the lines or is there a more professional way.?

May as well leave the wiring, it's all short runs and doesn't add much weight.

celigts

Yea I don't know about the spare tire either. Nice that it was full tire tho. Right? Honestly got mine without a spare.