Any use the 3M wrap material on interior parts?

celigts

I wanna get rid of my blue interior and have it black and white or black and cf wraps.

Would it work and I've only recently heard of it so don't have any idea on prices either, so fill me in please :)

ZeroDrift

Never wrapped panels with anything before. Only advice I can offer is the following:

-Avoid white as it will get dirty quickly and will be blinding in direct sunlight.
-Use quality adhesive spray. Something on par or greater than 3M Super 99 adhesive. There is a high quality adhesive that is better suited to such applications, but you need to spray it with a spray gun.
-Start with simple pieces with few bends. Work your way to the more complex parts.
-Always cut the fabric/material so there is a few inches extra space on all sides. The edges are to be cut every few inches or less and use the adhesive spray to adhere these to the back side of the panels.
-Pending on the material, the use of a heat gun may help keep the material workable in tight sections.

Best of luck!

ZeroDrift

I advise to search on google for fade resistant vinyl that is ideally flexible. There has to be a guide or forum that has some other useful tips and advice on materials to use. Ordering it online would most likely be the best option to ensure you get the right product and probably the best price.

Boo_Guy

The guy selling his car in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=64&t=43516) had a bunch of pictures of the 3m wrapped interior pieces, they looked great. Several people were trying to buy the parts from him.

He might still have the pictures of the parts, maybe shoot him a PM to see them.

temperacerguy

OK, I am FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR a fan of fake carbon fiber, or "carbon fiber look" products...

However, if you are going to do it, there is only one to use. That's 3M's Di-Noc carbon fiber film. I hate leading people in that direction because I feel it's for posers... but it really does look very close to the real thing, and I have been impressed with the results.

If you tell people you wrapped your interior, you better tell them it's Di-Noc, and not real carbon fiber or I will publicly shun you! LOL

Here's where you can get Genuine Di-Noc:

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

Droptop93

temperacerguy":11551u6z said:
OK, I am FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR a fan of fake carbon fiber, or "carbon fiber look" products...

However, if you are going to do it, there is only one to use. That's 3M's Di-Noc carbon fiber film. I hate leading people in that direction because I feel it's for posers... but it really does look very close to the real thing, and I have been impressed with the results.

If you tell people you wrapped your interior, you better tell them it's Di-Noc, and not real carbon fiber or I will publicly shun you! LOL

Here's where you can get Genuine Di-Noc:

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

Di-noc is good, but 3m 1080 scotchprint is best imo. When it comes to "looks" and workability, awesome durabilty too I've seen lambos and and an aston martin completly wrapped in side and out with it. The 1080scotchprint will also hold up to underhood temps.

ZeroDrift

Some wrapped parts:

2012-08-01_11-29-59_995.jpg

2012-08-01_17-18-57_663.jpg

2012-08-01_17-18-51_614.jpg

2012-08-01_17-19-11_717.jpg

2012-08-01_19-26-45_317.jpg

Hotrodhendrix

As said who r stay away from cheaper China made products. It will hold done for awhile but is harder to get bubble free. I did my hood and roof. It really is easy just takes a bit of getting used to.