powdercoating

kilt88

Anyone have any great powdercoating vendor recommendations? I have some ST205 rear calipers I'm installing, and I'd like to coat them first. Somewhere near Denver would be nice, but not super important.

Thanks,
Josh

ZeroDrift

I've been using a small shop down in Alamosa called High Altitude Coating. The owner has been doing this for many years and has a great deal of experience mixing colors and doing custom work. He's done great quality work for me for the last few years. He's always gone out of his way to ensure his customers are satisfied with the work and he's great to chat with.

DSC_0158-1.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

kilt88

ZeroDrift":34vchya7 said:
I've been using a small shop down in Alamosa called High Altitude Coating. The owner has been doing this for many years and has a great deal of experience mixing colors and doing custom work. He's done great quality work for me for the last few years. He's always gone out of his way to ensure his customers are satisfied with the work and he's great to chat with.

Ooh, even closer to home ... great. Whom should I talk with?

josh

ZeroDrift

kilt88":10iy3z9q said:
ZeroDrift":10iy3z9q said:

Ooh, even closer to home ... great. Whom should I talk with?

josh

Josh, the owners name is Ken, and he has his friend help him out at times. I believe his friend's name is Bill. Bill is a little hard to understand at times as he had a stroke or something a few years back. Their contact number is 719-580-0699 and they are just off of hwy 160 near the intersection of hwy 17. You may get some luck if you tell him that Clayton sent you, but no guarantees.

Also I live just down the road from them so I can always give a hand. I occasionally drive up to the springs/Denver as well, so I could pick up the parts potentially.

kilt88

ZeroDrift":6l4vh1ra said:
Josh, the owners name is Ken, and he has his friend help him out at times. I believe his friend's name is Bill. Bill is a little hard to understand at times as he had a stroke or something a few years back. Their contact number is 719-580-0699 and they are just off of hwy 160 near the intersection of hwy 17. You may get some luck if you tell him that Clayton sent you, but no guarantees.

Also I live just down the road from them so I can always give a hand. I occasionally drive up to the springs/Denver as well, so I could pick up the parts potentially.

Excellent ... thank you. Have you had them try to color match anything?

ZeroDrift

kilt88":j04mf1yy said:
ZeroDrift":j04mf1yy said:

Excellent ... thank you. Have you had them try to color match anything?

Never tried to have things color matched on my own car before as I've always opted for some sort of theme that started at the beginning. I believe they'd be pretty good at it since he's made a large assortment of custom colors in the past. He typically does work on bikes, and powder for car parts, with the occasional farm equipment. Bike owners tend to be very picky about colors and such. Just as a heads up, everything in this town operates slowly. So when he says a week, expect a few days longer.

kilt88

ZeroDrift":39qdfwms said:
Never tried to have things color matched on my own car before as I've always opted for some sort of theme that started at the beginning. I believe they'd be pretty good at it since he's made a large assortment of custom colors in the past. He typically does work on bikes, and powder for car parts, with the occasional farm equipment. Bike owners tend to be very picky about colors and such. Just as a heads up, everything in this town operates slowly. So when he says a week, expect a few days longer.
Ok, thanks a lot.

josh